Ek Water Blocks Ek-xres 140 Revo D5 Rgb Pwm

Associate
So i have purchased the Ek Water Blocks Ek-xres 140 Revo D5 Rgb Pwm. I have a question, Is it possible to return to the top of the res?

It looks like their is for sale for other versions of ek res a different top with two inlets/outlets is it possible to use and install this on this?

Soldato
You can do this, but you'll need a pipe which returns the liquid below the surface of the liquid in the reservoir. If you just have a tube returning to the reservoir cap, when you power down the system that tube will empty and air will travel up it. It still works but it's less... Neat.

Also the fluid returning through the cap may be less aesthetically pleasing and or noisier. So it's doable but not ideal without a return tube extension. Which are available!

Edit: like so https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-res-x3-internal-tube-12-16-40mm-wc-837-ek.html

Last edited:
Associate
I just got the non RGB one yesterday and tried for ages to try and get it to settle with no bubbles without a tube but you just can't do it. gave up and just put it in the side.

Back
Top Bottom