** EK Waterblocks RANGE FACELIFT - AVAILABLE TO PRE ORDER - ONLY AT OCUK **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
cheers for the spell check Cleee - have edited ours and forwarded to EK also

thats what happens when the Slovakians write our product descriptions :p

Associate
All of the new products with Nickel coating are all EN Nickel plated.

There is no issue with the EN process as it is a much more expensive way of producing nickel plated copper.

I only thought I would mention it as both of your comments seems to insinuate that you haven't heard about this?

This new process means there is no way there could be a problem with it unless you use a very aggressive biocide or an unconventional coolant. It is much more expensive to produce than the older method but EK never increased their prices to retailers or end users when they did this.

Moreover, EK did an exemplary job of resolving all issues that arose as part of the old nickel plating problem [which was a very very small problem in the grand scheme of things].

The way they handled the problem in fact was superb for such a small company.
This new line of products shows that they still invest heavily into their own company and that customers still trust the EK brand. They have just moved to a new premises to meet the logistic demands being placed on their supply chain, this is far from being happy coincidence.

Facetious comments are not welcome on these forums, If you have something slanderous to say about a company then do it elsewhere.

Mlwood37 posted this last week

'Our CPU block the Plated ones are all show flaking and ware and tear around the pins and edges. All the gpu blocks show the same. This is Both Old plating and new EN version. Under Vegetable extract and Glycol based coolants and under Biocide (cu) and kill coil. looks to us as no matter what you do its going to fail earlier than expected. The glycol or vegetable extract only seems to slow it down and not prevent it how ever staining it still present on all blocks so as for EKs statement i think we may strongly disagree with what they have to say on the matter.'

Soldato
I quite like the look of some of these, not all of it looks good though, now if they had just left off the circles and just used that nice looking badge in the corner I think they would have a winning stylish design, if that badge and just the badge could have been lit using an LED it would have been a win.

Caporegime
I thought EN plating was the cheaper (thinner) version and galvanic coating was much thicker and less reactive/prone to flaking but costly?

Associate
ditto, but the circles are growing one me :)

Your the only person who seems to like the circles. I've been looking at other forums and it seems to be universal hate towards them. I think the design is just too abstract. It's only something people who like circles (lol) will like, everyone else would prefer a more neutral looking block with no patterns. It fits into the same category as those snail cases.

Soldato
Can't see the "satin" finish lasting that long before normal see through becomes an option. Maybe would look good with the internal leds they are touting, but apart from that what are they thinking?

Permabanned
All of the new products with Nickel coating are all EN Nickel plated.

There is no issue with the EN process as it is a much more expensive way of producing nickel plated copper.

I only thought I would mention it as both of your comments seems to insinuate that you haven't heard about this?

This new process means there is no way there could be a problem with it unless you use a very aggressive biocide or an unconventional coolant. It is much more expensive to produce than the older method but EK never increased their prices to retailers or end users when they did this.

Clearly you didn't see the link of my 4 month old EN CPU base. Been polished and buffed and under a microscope you can see the nickel has clearly come off. You can even see it with the naked eye and can feel the edge of the nickel.

EK have asked for it back. So all this "there's nothing wrong with the EN nickel process." Im can assure you there is.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Clearly I didn't, hardware has problems sometimes and because ek had issues with their planting it is always under more scrutiny, regardless if it is just a one off or bad batch,

A company asking for a faulty product back is hardly the most shocking thing I have headed today.

Sometimes computer hardware goes wrong, motherboards, gpus etc. Same goes for watercooling. Just because your hardware had an issue does not mean that there is an inherent fault across the board for all products made in this way.

If this was the case, nobody would ever buy an OCZ ssd

I speak from experience, that and I can see returns figures on my system.

Permabanned
The only reason your on here saying if we got bad things to say go else where is because you just want to see big numbers on your sale sheets.

As for the SSD im 100% sure if i went anywhere and posted which SSD should i buy 99.9% would say M4. People who still buy OCZ clearly want to lose their data and enjoy BSOD lol.

Soldato
The only reason your on here saying if we got bad things to say go else where is because you just want to see big numbers on your sale sheets.

As for the SSD im 100% sure if i went anywhere and posted which SSD should i buy 99.9% would say M4. People who still buy OCZ clearly want to lose their data and enjoy BSOD lol.

Not really, its due to the good relationships OcUK have with manufacturers that in turn give OcUK exclusivity and better pricing, if they allowed out-right public slandering of partner names in their own forum, surely that would be a bad move for business and business relationships. RJK makes a good point, everyone gets it wrong once in a while, be it a bad batch, an oversight in manufacturing or something else.

I'd guesstimate return figures over qty sold is less than 2%, maybe a little more if you throw cleee into the mixer :p

Last edited:
Soldato

I am quite up to date on tech, I still went with OCZ Agility ssd, nothing wrong with it, most of the time it is user error that produces a lot of problems, not the hard ware it self.

Anyway RJ, any chance of EK releasing a plainer version of the CPU blocks do you think, without the circles?

You should let them know that people on OcUK are not too keen on there new design, should be pretty easy for them to do a run without circles and just put the naming and badge on the top:)

Back
Top Bottom