EK-XTOP REVO D5 PWM help needed

Associate
I have two EK-XTOP REVO D5 PWM pumps, I have just filled my two loops to leak test and it seems one of them runs at full speed and the other runs at a much lower speed.

Neither one has the PWM header plugged in, and both are powered via the same 4x Molex cable from the PSU.

How likely is the one running full speed faulty, or am I missing something?

Associate
When you say "it seems one of them runs at full speed and the other runs at a much lower speed", have you confirmed this via connecting the RPM cables to the MB or equivalent monitoring device? Or is this a guess based on sound and/or some visual indicator like perceived flow?

Might be faulty, have you tried flipping the MOLEX connectors to rule out a cable fault from the PSU? Also means you can recheck the physical connection on both as you do it.

Associate
I have two EK-XTOP REVO D5 PWM pumps, I have just filled my two loops to leak test and it seems one of them runs at full speed and the other runs at a much lower speed.

Neither one has the PWM header plugged in, and both are powered via the same 4x Molex cable from the PSU.

How likely is the one running full speed faulty, or am I missing something?

What exactly are the pumps connected to? Surely you need to plug the CPU loop into the main CPU_FAN header on the motherboard? That header is designed to run at 100% unless a PWM connection is used! What is the other pump connected to on the motherboard, or are you using a separate controller and temperature sensor?

Associate
OP
Pumps were not connected to any PWM headers, just the molex.

Seems EK have changed the REVO D5 from running at 100% with no PWM on the new models and 20% with no PWM on the old......one both were hooked up to headers and profiles set they worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom