EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plex reservoir advice.

Associate
Hey guys, It's been a while since I've posted here, I last water cooled about 5 years ago using flexible tubing so I've decided to build a new rig and I will be using hardline tubing this time.

I've just purchased a EK Water Blocks EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi and I was looking for a cylinder resovoir that would attach directly to the Plexi, I've heard that it's possible using a G1/4 male to male extender. Has anyone any expreience using this method ? and can anyone recommend a compatible resovoir, preferably with white multiports at the top, I'm not sure if the Bitspower Z-Multi can be configured this way. any advice would be welcome, and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Michael

Man of Honour
Product

EK Water Blocks EK-RES X3 - Multiport TOP WHITE

Stock Code WC-834-EK
£14.99*

EK Water Blocks EK-RES X3 - TUBE 250 (204mm)

Stock Code WC-9AM-EK
£14.99*

EK Water Blocks EK-RES X3 - TOP WHITE

Stock Code WC-835-EK
£4.99*

Bitspower G1/4" Silver Shining Male to Male Rotary Adapter

Stock Code WC-141-BP
£8.99*

Use the first 'TOP' in the list as the actual top of the reservoir - the inlet from you loop

Screw onto tube - dirrent sizes available

Use the second 'TOP' in the list as the reservoir base

Then use the male to male to connect to the pump top - It is worth getting a rotary or adjustable male to male so you don't have any problems with the top inlets not facing the way you want when screwed onto the reservoir tube.

The Monsoon MMRS tube reservoir can also be configured in a similar way if you prefer those.

Associate
OP
You the man brizzles, appreciate you taking the time to source and list all the parts required, looking at the configuration it looks as though it could be achieved with the Bitspower Z-Multi, I understand that they do a white version but it's hard to source here in the UK. I'm still interested in the Bitspower one though if anyone could confirm that it would work ok, that would be great, If i have to use black tops It's not a big problem.

Kudos > brizzles

Kind regards,

Michael

Man of Honour
The Z-Multi would be fine, just fit it 'upside down' with a standard male-to-male. ( no need for a rotary as there are no side ports to worry about positioning )

Watch the internal pipe on it though.

If you have it in a shallow res, it will be hard to bleed as the bubbles will be forced down very close to where the outlet to the pump is and you will end up recycling the bubbles.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cheers fella, I'm looking to link central rather than offset so it looks more like a combo, I just wasn't struck on the EK ones. I've still not taken the plunge yet on the cylinder as I haven't got my new case so I'm waiting so I can get the right size cylinder. Another issue is most cylinders / ek BP are 60mm wide where as the EK d5 pump is about 75mm, So if anyone knows of a fatter cylinder that would suit my above requirements that would be appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

Associate
OP
I'm not keen on the EK combo looks, I prefer the bitzpower type cylinder, It's more slicker, the EK ends look a bit too fat, but each to their own.

Associate
OP
I still may end up with a EK, I fancied the bitzpower multi Z in white, but they are hard to get in the UK so you end up paying special money for delivery.

Associate
OP
Thanks Brizzles, can you confirm if this is all I need.

WC44HMO_149946_800x800.png

X1 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/monsoon-mmrs-acrylic-tube-200mm-frosted-reactor-core-clear-wc-44h-mo.html

WC44CMO_147479_285x255.png

X1 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/monsoon-mmrs-single-port-end-cap-white-wc-44c-mo.html

WC354MO_142010_285x255.png

X1
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/monsoon-mmrs-tension-rods-200mm-white-wc-354-mo.html

WC447MO_147469_285x255.png

X1 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/monsoon-mmrs-triple-port-end-cap-with-dual-side-ports-white-wc-447-mo.html

Back
Top Bottom