El Dorado 15 year old Special Reserve rum only £36 at Aldi

Soldato
I don't know if this is just the Manchester city centre store that has it at this price but this is the best price I have seen it. It is even cheaper than most online alcohol shops that are usually always cheaper than high street shops (not including postage).

For those who don't know it, it is rated as one of the best rums in the world and is beautiful to drink:
www.wine-searcher.com/wine-7327-0000-el-dorado-15-year-old-special-reserve-rum-guyana

I hope there are people on here that like rum as much as I do otherwise this is wasted :p

Flare

taB

taB

Associate
There's normally a decent chance of picking up premium stuff at Aldi and £36 will put it at one of the most expensive things they sell. Great store for a lot of things if you can look between the dross. Annoying I don't live near one anymore.

Soldato
There's normally a decent chance of picking up premium stuff at Aldi and £36 will put it at one of the most expensive things they sell. Great store for a lot of things if you can look between the dross. Annoying I don't live near one anymore.

Anything specific? I've never been in one to be honest with you!

taB

taB

Associate
Anything specific? I've never been in one to be honest with you!

Very difficult now I'm not a regular visitor as in my experience it's the kind of place you go shopping in without a list due to things being there one week and not the next.

From memory: the gin's more than decent, not in premium category but an improvement on Gordons. The Maçon-Villages is a good enough drop for a fiver and better than a lot of whites at that price. I also think they have a very good selection of european cold meats and cheeses.

Best purchase was a weed burner flame thrower thing that is unfit for purpose but is an excellent bbq lighter for a tenner.

Soldato
Picked up a couple of bottles of that Rum. I don't drink it often, so the pair of them should last me a couple of years at least.

I honestly have never had rum like it, as smooth as a very good single malt, with amazing sweetness coming through at the end. This will never go near coke, far far far too good for it. For £35 I can't imagine you could do better.

Really is stunning.

Soldato
I'd go cheaper to be honest, Whilst its a good bargain at the end of the day its still £36. If you fancy something a little different rum wise to the norm then a bottle of Havana Club 7yr would be a great deal.

Excellent deal on at the Whisky Exchange where you get a free glass with it at the moment to!

Soldato
OP
I'd go cheaper to be honest, Whilst its a good bargain at the end of the day its still £36. If you fancy something a little different rum wise to the norm then a bottle of Havana Club 7yr would be a great deal.

Excellent deal on at the Whisky Exchange where you get a free glass with it at the moment to!

It's hard to find but El Dorado 5 is sublime, it tends to get snapped up very quickly by people knkw about it.

on a soee note, El Dorado 15 is £65 in Selfridges!!!

Soldato
Haha I noticed it in Harvey Nichols today for £55 to.

I've been off work all week with exams so my bottle is still in my desk drawer above. Looking forward to trying it though I'd be surprised if it beat a bottle of Diplomatica Reserva as for me that's damn near perfect.

Soldato
OP
Haha I noticed it in Harvey Nichols today for £55 to.

I've been off work all week with exams so my bottle is still in my desk drawer above. Looking forward to trying it though I'd be surprised if it beat a bottle of Diplomatica Reserva as for me that's damn near perfect.

I love Diplomatica as well but it is very different as it is not a demerara rum. I'd probably say El Dorado is better for drinking straight/rocks because it is blended with more aged rums, some of which are 25 years old.

Back
Top Bottom