Elan Enterprise Thread

Man of Honour
One of the favourites of my collection is the Elan Enterprise. When the specifications for this machine were announced it was a game changer with power and capability not really offered before and had it delivered on that in time it would have taken off I think. The problem was is became more and more delayed and when it did finally arrive others hat caught up and even surpassed it, so it never really got the traction, following or sales it should have.

45713342301_edd6a16d00_o.jpg

Because of this it is rare and I suspect one that will be worth the most in the future. I think I paid about £200 for mine around 10 years back. It is fully boxed, though the box is probably was 70% mint so not ideal but it has all the bits with it and works!

45623681611_1addc710a5_k.jpg

44899105324_69397e469f_h.jpg

45623684501_af7b70a36b_h.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_(computer)

Man of Honour
Not heard or come across that one before. You should consider loaning it to one of the better known retro YouTuber's to review so others can hear about it :)

Man of Honour
OP
I have tweeted Retromancave to see if he wants to borrow my Elan. If I get nothing, will tweet the Nostalgia Nerd. Chose the one based on who threw up the smallest ads!

Associate
I remember reading about the Enterprise and seeing the ads when it came out. It's an interesting machine, but it was clearly a system designed to come out in late 1983 or early 84. By 85 when it finally launched stuffing exotic custom chips round a 10-year old Z80 wasn't looking so clever.

Man of Honour
OP
Also interesting to see David Levy was involved a man who has shown himself to be a bit 'odd' from the Vega debacle and I suspect heading for a court near you sometime soon. When I say odd I am being kind as the reading of that debacle does show some very dislikable traits, but that's another thread.

Soldato
Also interesting to see David Levy was involved a man who has shown himself to be a bit 'odd' from the Vega debacle and I suspect heading for a court near you sometime soon. When I say odd I am being kind as the reading of that debacle does show some very dislikable traits, but that's another thread.

And that's putting it mildly too :D

Back
Top Bottom