Electric Guitar

Associate
I had my twins from GuitarGuitar in Birmingham, I was lucky to get them and they cost £1100.
If you are going to the Brum shop ask Mikey about the bloke who ended up with two JTV-59s because he wasn't impressed he sold me the first one.

tyler twins.jpg

I suggested the 89 because you mentioned C tuning and it is aimed more at the shred/metaller.

The JTV-59 looks amazing and most of the audience think it's a Les Paul anyway.

dimplepose.jpg

You also said you had a £1400 budget, consider the HD500 effects unit also.
I see what you mean, I watched a guitarguitar vid on the 89 and he also reckons it's more for metal/shredding, and it looks like a metal guitar. Personally I'm set on the 59 though. Now I just have to decide if I should pull the trigger on it. I'm not great at guitar at the moment and only playing through headphones/hi-fi with a digitech pedal in my flat, so the JTV might be wasted on me at the moment. Would love to get it with the amp though, just need a house + garage/shed to put it in.

BTW, the OP has the £1400 budget ;)

If you don't mind me asking, how'd you end up in your band? If I recall you sing in an AC/DC tribute band and play guitar in another? Where do you play gigs? I would like to do that when I'm older/better.

Soldato
If you'll keep a good guitar for a few years and you're sure you'll keep playing there's no harm in buying one now. People rarely buy a decent guitar, stack or decent combo amp together - I know I didn't

Must admit I very rarely pick up my SG now but I wouldn't sell it even for double it's value

Soldato
OP
hi again:)

By the way do guitar shops normally do deals , I have a PMT guitar shop near me, but I have never asked for a cheaper price do they normally knock the price down if you ask?

cheers

Soldato
Depends what it is and how well they sell - with used stuff you'll almost definitely be able to get money off, new it will depend on the guitar

Associate
If you'll keep a good guitar for a few years and you're sure you'll keep playing there's no harm in buying one now. People rarely buy a decent guitar, stack or decent combo amp together - I know I didn't

Must admit I very rarely pick up my SG now but I wouldn't sell it even for double it's value
Yeah true, people keep guitars for years, so I would at least get good use out of it for a long time, even if I'm not playing through an ideal setup at the moment.
hi again:)

By the way do guitar shops normally do deals , I have a PMT guitar shop near me, but I have never asked for a cheaper price do they normally knock the price down if you ask?

cheers

Yeah you should at least get some free strings and a cable thrown in. I got them to throw in a free £30 gig bag when I got mine. It's actually an awesome bag, it has loads of pouches and even one with a hole for headphones from an MP3 player.

Man of Honour
If you don't mind me asking, how'd you end up in your band? If I recall you sing in an AC/DC tribute band and play guitar in another? Where do you play gigs? I would like to do that when I'm older/better.

Where do I start?
My first gig was in 1970 when I was 12 playing with my Dad.
From there I've been in scores of bands playing guitar, drums, bass, keyboards & vocals.
I joined my current band (Disturbin' the Peace) in 2000 as a singer and we play the 'local' pub rock scene where we have become quite popular over the last 12 years.
We are not an ACDC tribute band but we do a lot of ACDC (that's why we're popular, it's cheating) but tonight we are doing a charity event and the audience don't know it but we are playing an ACDC spot.
My other band Mistreated is made up of two other members of DTP and it gives me freedom to play guitar and my lead guitarist Jules becomes an axe God.
For the last 2 years we have set a limit of gigs with 35 for DTP and 20 for Mistreated but next year we are cutting it down.
Tomorrow I start rehearsals for another band where I'm not going to sing but play keyboards & guitar which will be a surprise for a lot of people.
It's a tribute to Whitesnake which is a band I've never paid much attention to but it will be a change.
The guitarist is getting excited because he's already working out what sounds I can use on my James Tyler and asked if he can use my spare for a couple of songs.

Back
Top Bottom