Electrical Advice

Associate
Hello.

Moved into a new house and there are point in the bedroom for wall lights, but we already have wall mounted plug-in lights. As I see it I can either:

a) build a little frame and get a small junction box to connect the two together then fit the light I have to that frame.

b) blank them off but put the blanking plate above the skirting so as not to be unsightly.

c) buy new wall lights and fit them to the cables already there.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Soldato
Can't you cut the plugs off yours and fit them to the connections that are there? This assumes there's either a fuse where the switch is or it might be better to buy some new lights without plugs as they'll be rated for use with suitable bulbs. Am guessing your plug in lights can have pretty powerful bulbs in which may not be suitable for connecting to a lighting circuit.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't you cut the plugs off yours and fit them to the connections that are there? This assumes there's either a fuse where the switch is or it might be better to buy some new lights without plugs as they'll be rated for use with suitable bulbs. Am guessing your plug in lights can have pretty powerful bulbs in which may not be suitable for connecting to a lighting circuit.

This..

Back
Top Bottom