ElectricQ 1440p monitor (eiQ-27MQ95FSHDRU) can't run above 60hz?

Associate
I can't seem to get my new monitor (link below) to run at the advertised 95Hz. It won't go above 60Hz at any resolution (tired 1080p as well and it's not working).

I have an R9 290 which I understand supports DP 1.2 (which means it should support 1440p 95Hz surely?). I have tried both DP and HMDMI cables.

The option for 95Hz is shown in display properties but when applied the screen flickers or turns black before reverting back to 60Hz. It shows up as a Generic Pnp Monitor in control panel, but it registers as a freesync compatible monitor in the AMD control panel. I'm a bit stumped here tbh, does anybody have experience dealing with this sort of problem?

https://www.electriq.co.uk/p/eiq-27mq95fshdru/electriq-eiq27mq95fshdru-monitor

Soldato
I've just bought the same monitor, it arrived today. Here's the steps I did

Open the monitors on-screen display and enable Freesync.
Restart the computer.
The AMD control panel detected a Freesync monitor, however, the AMD FreeSync Refresh Rate said "48 to 60 Hz reported by display".
I went into display properties, selected 95Hz and it worked.
The AMD control panel now reports "48 to 95 Hz reported by display".

So I'm not experiencing the issues that you are. This is my first ever experience with Freesync so I'm not sure what to try.

Your R9 290 does officially support FreeSync so it should just work like it does with mine. Do you know anyone with a gaming PC so you could test the monitor on their computer?

ElectricQ are based in the UK so hopefully they'll be able to RMA it for you quite quickly if needed.

Associate
Pretty sure I have the same monitor but for me 95Hz works perfectly, just checked Nvidia control panel, 95hz and using it's Gsync compatible Freesynch perfectly fine too.

Really great monitor for the price IMO, though possibly the OP's is faulty.

I really recommend it for a 1440p gaming screen as it's not easy getting above 95hz 1440p in some newer games at ultra, so 95hz is a nice mid-way point for cheaper 1440p gaming at native refresh, the gysnc/freesync takes care of everything else.

Associate
They also offer a small fee to test the monitor for dead pixels etc, I'd say it was well worth the slight extra cost they charge to do that for peace of mind.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies. I tried the monitor with my ryzen laptop via HDMI and 95Hz works fine so it's clearly something to do with my card. I have manually set the resolution and refresh rate in the AMD control panel it goes up to 1440p 88Hz before the screen starts flickering. This is over DP as HDMI only goes up to 60Hz on the R9 290. Strange issue but at least i'm close to 95Hz and I know it's not the monitors fault.

As for the monitor, i'm very impressed with the quality of the display for the price. Really, really nice colours and sharpness. A noticeable step up over my old samsung 1080p curved VA monitor.

Soldato
I have my two monitors (the same models) connected to my 3060Ti - one via HDMI and the other via DisplayPort. I changed the settings in the Nvidia control panel and they're both working fine at 1440p / 95Hz. No flickering.

If that helps at all?.

Associate
How are they holding up after another couple of months folks? They are 149.97 off laptops direct ATM, just picked one up for 159.96 delivered to NI to run with 5700 XT.

Currently have a Lenovo G24-10 1080p 144hz - but with 80-95hz mins and 120ish average in AC Competizione (CPU limited with big grids and Ultra/High mixed settings) I'm hoping it'll still hold those mins even with the jump to 1440p.

Soldato
How are they holding up after another couple of months folks? They are 149.97 off laptops direct ATM, just picked one up for 159.96 delivered to NI to run with 5700 XT.

Currently have a Lenovo G24-10 1080p 144hz - but with 80-95hz mins and 120ish average in AC Competizione (CPU limited with big grids and Ultra/High mixed settings) I'm hoping it'll still hold those mins even with the jump to 1440p.

Wow, at £189 I felt I was getting a good deal. They're great monitors and my only gripe is that one doesn't automatically wake up when the PC turns on. Can't say for certain if it is monitor or GPU.

I'd buy again. Nothing else like them for another hundred quid or so.

Associate
Just arrived. Cheap frame, all money on the screen. Just what I wanted. Reminds me of my PC build

Got it into 95 hz mode and VRR enabled so lets see how it runs. Surprised with the bezels being so small. Wonder what theoretical card I'd need for triple screen racing lol

Soldato
Looks like I need to up my budget! One of these monitors (7-8 months old) has a vertical line of dead pixels. Turned it off and on for a few hours of happiness but it has returned.

Buy cheap, buy twice!

Soldato
No warranty possible?

Aye it should be collected next week for them to assess and then let me know what the outcome is.

Down to single monitor for work, which I know is a 1st world problem but it'll do my head in.

I'm happy to splash the extra cash on two better units now and sell the good one on.

Soldato
Off topic but does this have built-in speakers which I'd wanna use for playing switch.
It does, they're flipping awful. They work for seeing if stuff is functioning ok, but I wouldn't consider them for a video call for instance. So I think you might be disappointed if you're aiming for gaming fun.

Soldato
It does, they're flipping awful. They work for seeing if stuff is functioning ok, but I wouldn't consider them for a video call for instance. So I think you might be disappointed if you're aiming for gaming fun.

Darn. Is there a soundbar I can buy that can be powered by the monitor and not mains?

Back
Top Bottom