electriq 39" QHD 165Hz Curved Monitor?

Associate
Just looking to buy a new monitor and atm I'm using a 42' Samsung 4K TV. This is brilliant for games minus the poor refresh rate and shocking text quality when normal day-to-day use other than that it's been brilliant to use.

I am looking for something with a much-improved refresh rate and response time, I'd ideally like to keep as much screen size as possible,

I have spotted a 39' 165Hz monitor 39CVQHD165VAFSGH

I cannot find any reviews of this so a little hesitant to go ahead and buy it, I have a budget of £450 this is £299

• Screen size: 39"
  • Resolution: 2560* 1440
  • Panel type: VA
  • Audio Output : X1 (Headphone Socket)
  • Aspect ratio: 16:9
  • Brightness: 350cd/m 2
  • Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
  • Dimensions: 1008 * 252 * 643 mm
  • 165Hz Refresh Rate

Associate
OP
Thanks, I will be buying this online so should have good return rights, I always like to see a user review on YouTube before I buy something, sad I know :D You never know how it differs from the pictures/specs.

Is an Ultrawide monitor difficult to use having always used traditional screen sizes? I may look into ultrawides.

Associate
Thanks, I will be buying this online so should have good return rights, I always like to see a user review on YouTube before I buy something, sad I know :D You never know how it differs from the pictures/specs.

Is an Ultrawide monitor difficult to use having always used traditional screen sizes? I may look into ultrawides.

Can't comment on that Electriq, but I've found Ultrawide ratio superb for day-to-day and productivity. This is mostly because you can easily autofit two full-size screen frames in side-by-side view. Maybe I'm lazy, but with 4k, you need to do some setup moving screens in place, and scaling is still more of an issue in some apps. I was using an UW monitor, then a 4k monitor, but switched back to the UW for this reason (and because it's more immersive in games).

The issue with UWs is there is a general dearth of panel and model options compared to 4k.

Associate
OP
Give this thread a nudge if you went ahead and bought this, I'm kinda curious about it...

No not yet but it's at the top of my list. I will go ahead and buy it next week. If anyone is interested I'll post some pictures/mini review.

I have not found a monitor that comes close to this screen size - price. Been 165Hz it should hopefully be smooth. The only worry I have is backlight bleed I cannot find any user reviews.

Caporegime
Soldato
Yeah, same here mate, I used that voucher too, although I did cave in and pay the extra tenner to get it tomorrow! Me and waiting doesn't mix! :D :p

Associate
Do report back on your experience. Electriqs I've seen/used have been hit or miss: they either have some deal-breaking flaw e.g. response time, or they're excellent (esp. for the price).

I'm more familiar, from being from the US, with Monoprice displays and they seem to be in the same vein. The company basically sources proven hardware, whitelabled, from China at cost. Some good, some absolute toilet.

Soldato
@JediFragger When is your estimated delivery date mate?

Im a bit disappointed that I paid for next day, but looks like the courier is having some issues, so might be next week before I get it! :(

Soldato
Scratch that! :D delivered a few hours ago..

must say im impressed for the money, just mabye 4K on this might have been a little better, but even though im close to it, its not a pixel-fest at this distance..

Im a bit confused though, in a good way, as the details I seen suggested there was no VESA mount, or adjustability, for, vertical, left-right swivel and pivot..but there is!

The remote isnt the best but hey, it has a nice little nipple at the bottom to navigate..also the strips on the back are RGB :D not that I will see mine, but for the £300~ mark, this has a lot to offer!

qz2ABQb.jpg

0Flaa9E.jpg

Back
Top Bottom