Eleven table tennis

Soldato
Out of interest, because I'm worried I'll get spanked if I dip a toe into multiplayer, how are people doing against the AI? I can beat medium consistently, but struggling to get more than 5-6 points against hard.

I'm struggling on the Medium (20) AI!! It reminds me of an old friend who just used to be able to return every single shot, but not necessarily preform any killer shots and just wait for me to make a mistake.

Associate
I picked eleven up in the steam sale ready for when my g2 arrives.
Hopefully I can find enough space to play it.
I'll no doubt be cack at it so if there are some lower ranked players on here I may see you in three lol

Soldato
OP
Managing to play in my restricted play space. Having to adapt when players put in wide shots though, almost need to volley them. Don't have much space to move back either, so quick long serves are really tough.

Soldato
I'm managing with roughly 2 x 2.6m, with 2.6m being the width. I don't find myself needing to use the middle of the table much, so I've sacrificed some of that for the ability to step back from the table a little.

I still find myself reluctant to move occasionally as I am still semi-conscious that I may end up punching something.

As a side not, I do wear glasses, but found that the glasses spacer was restricting the peripheral vision too much. After removing that and coping without glasses, I feel much more comfortable when playing.

Associate
Those with limited space.. I'm one of them. I play right at the foot of the bed, with the real bed being where the virtual table is. It's actually quite immersive as the bed height is similar to the table, albeit a bit softer. I need very little front to back room, but definitely need quite a bit of width for those desperate lunges :)

I'm waiting for Quest 2 before playing again though, think the 90hz will be amazing on this as I really see the ball trails on 72hz

Soldato
I don't hit the wall. I've very occasionally ended up face first on the bed, but as you say, soft landing :)

Lucky you!! Once, in my early VR days after and after a particularly long rally, I went to lean on the "table" to catch my breath. It was like slow motion, my brain couldn't comprehend why I was falling. The visual queues didn't match up with the sensory input!!! It was one of the weirdest sensations ever. I Didn't even try to stop my fall, just crashed to the floor in total confusion.

On the plus side, it was the first time that I got from a fall and went "wow, that was awesome" VR is real :)

Associate
Lucky you!! Once, in my early VR days after and after a particularly long rally, I went to lean on the "table" to catch my breath. It was like slow motion, my brain couldn't comprehend why I was falling. The visual queues didn't match up with the sensory input!!! It was one of the weirdest sensations ever. I Didn't even try to stop my fall, just crashed to the floor in total confusion.

On the plus side, it was the first time that I got from a fall and went "wow, that was awesome" VR is real :)

JH9h2lu.gif

Back
Top Bottom