Elgato Stream Deck for Twitch streaming etc

Soldato
I just updated Xsplit Broadcaster to the latest version and one of the new features is support for the Elgato Stream Deck. I was a bit curious about it and did some searching on YouTube and it looks really useful.

Does anyone use the Elgato Stream Deck with Xsplit Broadcaster or OBS Studio when they are streaming games live at all? I'm highly tempted to buy it because I'll be doing some more Twitch streaming soon and I always hated having to use other programs when I was in the middle of playing games. From the looks of it I can just bind actions to the Elgato Stream Deck buttons and not have to exit the game at all.

It does seem a bit pricey but if it makes streaming easier I'm prepared to pay. Just curious if anyone has any feedback on it?

Soldato
I'm shocked that there is only one post on this.

Having spoken to loads of streamers about them, the unanimous verdict is that they definitely add to the ease of controlling a stream, as well as some other useful features.

I don't stream as yet but have loads of uses I can see for it. The price is under £100 now so I'd definitely not delay as it's as good as 1/3 off!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I use one with OBS and it really is a great bit of kit, as it places everything at your finger tips. I also use it for non streaming stuff as well, as I have load of short cuts setup for application.

If you have any questions let me know.

Soldato
OP
I'm shocked that there is only one post on this.

Having spoken to loads of streamers about them, the unanimous verdict is that they definitely add to the ease of controlling a stream, as well as some other useful features.

I don't stream as yet but have loads of uses I can see for it. The price is under £100 now so I'd definitely not delay as it's as good as 1/3 off!

I use one with OBS and it really is a great bit of kit, as it places everything at your finger tips. I also use it for non streaming stuff as well, as I have load of short cuts setup for application.

If you have any questions let me know.

I actually went ahead and bought one of these a month or so ago. It is a pretty damn useful bit of kit and it has some excellent integration with Xsplit Broadcaster which is what I use to stream. I use it to announce my stream going live on Twitter and for posting pre-written chat messages in Twitch as well as starting and stopping Xsplit from streaming and recording amongst a whole bunch of other things.

It was pretty pricey when I bought it but it was worth it for the ease of use when it comes to streaming. If you haven't tried out Xsplit Broadcaster I'd say you should give it a go. The Stream Deck software supports way more features of Xsplit Broadcaster compared to OBS Studio.

Back
Top Bottom