The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's still only the case that a fraction of emails have been validated.

That there's some ancient pictures on there of Hunter Biden doing drugs, when people already know he had a drug problem isn't relevant, particularly in relation to his father's election campaign.

I never understood the big deal on this story. So his son is/was a drug user and used daddies name to make money. That was all they had to get Trump the victory?

In regards to Musk, what is going to happen if China leans on Musk to close accounts that are criticising China or hand over data on the account holder? He has one plant there and wants to open more. Is he going to put his love of freedom of speech above his Tesla business?

Soldato
I think Elon Musk has got a good deal here.

Microsoft were offering a similar amount of money for Yahoo back in the late 00s and they were already pretty much dead.

Twitter is still relevant and straddles the line between news and social better than other platforms.

I could see Musk even going the metaverse route. He probably has an interest in VR for self driving cars, space missions etc. And as a bonus he seems to enjoy annoying Mark Zuckerberg.

Caporegime
The salt on Reddit etc about this is incredible. People are deluded.

Twitter is a private company, if they don't like it they can start their own social media platform.

2uvakz.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
The non story.

Vincent remains either embarrassingly naïve or totally disingenuous.

To slightly misquote Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

“We know they would have had the story at the top of every news article for weeks if it was Trump's son not Biden's, they know they would have done this, they know that we know they would have done this, we also know that they know that we know they would have done this, but they STILL THEY TRY TO GASLIGHT US.”

Anyway Probably not best to read too much into this deal if it does go ahead. Hopefully it should pull back on some of the more insane Twitter polices that see mainstream account getting banned / suspended for stating objective truths or satirising those that peddle obvious lies but in general social media could do with a little more control of partisan censorship given how much of an important 'public square' it is these days.

Caporegime
Vincent remains either embarrassingly naïve or totally disingenuous.

To slightly misquote Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

“We know they would have had the story at the top of every news article for weeks if it was Trump's son not Biden's, they know they would have done this, they know that we know they would have done this, we also know that they know that we know they would have done this, but they STILL THEY TRY TO GASLIGHT US.”

Can someone explain to me which laws Hunter Biden is supposed to have broken? Because beyond tax evasion, I can't see that he's guilty of anything other than being a chronic embarrassment to his family.

:confused:

Soldato
I can't see that he's guilty of anything other than being a chronic embarrassment to his family.

:confused:

Are you suggesting that alone would not have been enough for significantly more coverage if it was Trumps son and not Bidens?

Anyway not specific to the laptop story but lying about your drugs history on a gun purchase declaration relating to a firearm (that later gets tossed in the trash with the secret service trying to cover up the whole purchase of daid gun) is a felony in the US.... so there is that

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

How is twitter some kind of freedom of speech?

I actually believe in the right to free speech. If you hate a race or a creed or a sex even and you want to rage on them. Then you have that right to think that and to do that.

You are most likely wrong and the point is you need to find in yourself that you are wrong.

If I come along as the tweet police and say you cannot do this, think that, say that, and burn your books....... then ooo I am being a bit fascist.

You can think whatever you like. And you have to measure your ideas or ideals versus the world.

Twitter is just a merry go round! Is hardly a place for free speech or debate. Is just people raging at each other. Memes. And of course nudes!!!

So I am intrigued by why would you want to buy twitter and why you think it is some kind of forum of international free debate?

But musk is pretty clever it will probably turn into a platform for engineers to take shifts mining the moon!

Caporegime
Are you suggesting that alone would not have been enough for significantly more coverage if it was Trumps son and not Bidens?

I'm not making any speculation either way, although considering Hunter has been kept in the news almost constantly ever since this story broke, it's hard to see how much more coverage he could receive at this point even if he was Trump's son instead of Biden's.

Anyway not specific to the laptop story but lying about your drugs history on a gun purchase declaration relating to a firearm (that later gets tossed in the trash with the secret service trying to cover up the whole purchase of daid gun) is a felony in the US.... so there is that

Forgot about the drugs and firearm stuff. By all means, prosecute him for that. But I keep hearing about a 'laptop from hell', and yet I haven't seen anything hellish thus far. Has he been murdering babies and eating kittens, or something? Republicans keep acting as if Hunter's crimes could bring down the entire Biden government, so what's the huge big thing he's supposed to be guilty of?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not making any speculation either way, although considering Hunter has been kept in the news almost constantly ever since this story broke, it's hard to see how much more coverage he could receive at this point even if he was Trump's son instead of Biden's.

Forgot about the drugs and firearm stuff. By all means, prosecute him for that. But I keep hearing about a 'laptop from hell', and yet I haven't seen anything hellish thus far. Has he been murdering babies and eating kittens, or something? Republicans keep acting as if Hunter's crimes could bring down the entire Biden government, so what's the huge big thing he's supposed to be guilty of?

i know very little on this but there's always allegations of his involvement with some Ukrainian company and the insinuation that if they wanted "private access" to the president of the USA they could buy it..
Something like that, sorry if its nonsense or been disclaimed. I dont really follow it all closely. All american politicians are dodgy imo.

Caporegime
i know very little on this but there's always allegations of his involvement with some Ukrainian company and the insinuation that if they wanted "private access" to the president of the USA they could buy it..
Something like that, sorry if its nonsense or been disclaimed. I dont really follow it all closely. All american politicians are dodgy imo.

Yeah, the Ukrainian business story has been done to death, and there's nothing in it.

I assumed that a so-called 'laptop from hell' would contain some kind of evidence linking him to an unbelievably awful crime, but it's been 16 months since the story broke, and there hasn't been a single smoking gun in all that time.

Caporegime
Yeah, the Ukrainian business story has been done to death, and there's nothing in it.

I assumed that a so-called 'laptop from hell' would contain some kind of evidence linking him to an unbelievably awful crime, but it's been 16 months since the story broke, and there hasn't been a single smoking gun in all that time.

Is there "nothing in it" the same way as there was nothing in the Russia> Trump nonsense? or is it all various "shades of nothing"
Isn't it all just made up smear nonsense, this the way of US politics in the past decade(s). all candidates are equally garbage and the losing team spends the next 4 years trying to incriminate the winner with dirt.

Soldato
The laptop from hell story is nothing to do with Hunter Biden anymore. The story is there is no plurality of opinion amongst the social media giants and they are enjoying the benefits of "public forum" immunity out honouring reciprocating commitment to be open and impartial.

If they want to be publishers they need to take the responsibilities of publishers, if they want to be "public forums" they need to uphold the responsibilities of "public forums".

This will rumble on with an increasingly hysterical "progressive" base trying to explain how we need their censorship to protect democracy :rolleyes:

Caporegime
If you read the article I linked to, you'll see there is nothing in it whatsoever.

Fact checked true! wow ok!

I think im talking on a more general level of political shady dealings that just this 1 particular spat on twitter.
Illl get my coat.

Twitters a cesspit and whatever comes of it can only be better.

Caporegime

Joe Biden wasn't president at the time and there was no connection. What actually happened is Trump blackmailed Ukraine and witheld aid and military equipment in exchange for providing dirt on Hunter. There was no dirt and again Trump showed his allegiance to Poutin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom