1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax AVR-200...any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by Alexrose1uk, 17 May 2006.

1. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

Am thinking of taking the leap, and moving from PC Speakers to a proper 5.1 Hi Fi setup, especially as I'm getting a new XFI, so should be looking to improve sound quite a bit over the old onboard I have.

Does anyone know if this amp is any good, cos I can likely get one for less than £60 off the 'Bay, and as I already have some old mission speakers (original 700s-still sound good) and I could get some others, and was wondering if this would be a decent amp to start it off.

2. tom_nieto

Capodecina

Look at other, older second hand amps. The Eltax is fine, but you could do a lot better, even for £60.

3. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

What low cost 5.1 surround amps would you recommend then?

Mission 700s should be fine as left and right speakers should they not, they're bookshelf models.

4. tom_nieto

Capodecina

The speakers will be fine, but you'll probably get an older sony, marantz or denon amp for that much which will give big brand quality. What I mean is that the amps from bigger manufacturers were once aimed at a higher price point whereas the eltax was only ever a budget amp.