Employer trying to force me out

Man of Honour
Quick and easy one hopefully. I'm currently in a position where my employer is trying to force me out as they have no reason to sack me.

Other than looking for another job which I have been actively doing for a couple of months is there anything else can I do?

Soldato
Associate
dont give them any reason to sack you, and yes start looking for another job, if they want you out, they will use any reason they can. but if they do sack you for no reason, you should be able to get a nice court settlement.

Man of Honour
OP
What's actually going on?

what evidence do you have that you are being forced out?

To cut a long story short, I was employed as a CNC Operator, and I've progressively been pushed into doing all the **** jobs around the place that nobody really wants to do while my boss fills in a does my job. I was told to spend an hour friday sweeping the car park and its been overheard by a couple of colleagues that they we're trying to set me up so they could take disciplinary action against me.

get to 24 months and you at least get redundancy. they can find a way to get rid of you if they want. so get looking for jobs.
Sod staying here another 9 months, Not a great deal over minimum wage for a semi-skilled job and being treated like general **** all the time. I'd rather go and work back at McDonalds, at least I enjoyed the place.

Just come out the closet of your own accord then he has nowt over you. ;)

Definatly not a closed gay, just an unfortunate username change request :p

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Quick and easy one hopefully. I'm currently in a position where my employer is trying to force me out as they have no reason to sack me.

Other than looking for another job which I have been actively doing for a couple of months is there anything else can I do?

Speak to your Union rep?

Soldato
While I'm usually one for arguing that it's not always perfect in any job and we all have to do things below our station from time to time, asking a skilled person to sweep the car park is a tad off! Keep looking around and write everything down in the meantime!

Soldato
Start documenting everything with dates and times - and if possible record any conversations (without them knowing)

If they are low enough to ask you to sweep a car park for no good reason - I would throw the book at them when it happens. Constructive dismissal is a very real thing in the present economic environment..... unfortunately some companies need to learn the hard way.

Most professional firms would just call you into the office and explain the situation as adults - then look at the legal/moral implications of making a person redundant etc - or offer you a payoff.

Just curious here - but would there really be any need to sweep your works carpark..... if not - see if you can get the CCTV camera footage off security - as it might be useful for any future case. It just seems like a terrible thing to ask a grown man to do..... and I have never heard of anything like that before. Were the other employees not questioning the request also ?

Last edited:
Soldato
If they are low enough to ask you to sweep a car park for no good reason - I would throw the book at them when it happens.

Same.

Might be worth seeking some legal advice. It will be important to understand the key points in building a solid case against your current employer. Employers need to financially suffer for behaviour like this.

Back
Top Bottom