Ender 3V2 bltouch+JyersUI firmware game changer

Soldato
Ive been struggling slightly with bed levelling on my ender 3v2 for a while. I can level it but even with the yellow springs ive had to level it before ever print and its still not perfect.
I decided to invest in a bltouch, installed it yesterday along with the JyersUI firmware and updated icons and what a game changer.
Perfect prints straight away. The bltouch probes the bed in a 3x3 mesh before a print and then i get perfect first layers and great prints. Wished id invested a long time ago
So if anyone is on the fence about upgrading to a bltouch, trust me, do it.
The install was pretty straightforward, just watch a number of youtube videos.
The same goes for the jyersui firmware.

Below are a couple of photos of the new firmware

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

Associate
Jyers firmware is the only firmware that I have used on my ender 3 v2, never had any issues with it at all.

So easy to install as well :)

Cheers all

Soldato
This is the best youtube video to tell you all about Jyers
https://youtu.be/o1zXYwgIPLY

Thank you! EDIT: Updated firmware and display now :)

Just waiting for my Santasa to be bonded back in place after I broke off the touch sensor mount. I'll need to make a custom shroud as I want to use the proper metal bracket not plastic.

Edit: bonded and all working with cr touch.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the bump on this post. I've had some serious issues with my Ender 3 v2 recently also - I've come close to wanting to bin it a number of times.

I think I might have a final go with the bltouch :)

Soldato
I've not had fun with mine for sure at times. The layer shift issues are killing it for me. (Edit: This turned out to be mainly the belt needing to be tighter, but also some other issues as well - loose bolts all over etc, worn wheels that needed readjusting as I had made eccentric wheels too tight).

Last edited:
Soldato
This is the best youtube video to tell you all about Jyers
https://youtu.be/o1zXYwgIPLY

Hi, just coming back on this :)

I've done the Jyers update, with the UI firmware. Is the UI Firmware needed? I have my BL touch working (he says) without the UI upgrade.

That said, I'm having some issues with my printing still. I followed the instructions, setting my Z Offset for the centre point -3.00. One corner is clearly higher then the other, with lines not printing. The Z offset is fine in the centre, but one side its just I was expecting the BL touch to help change the Z Offset as required. Am I doing something wrong? :(

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Soldato
OP
You don't need the Jyers UI screen firmware it just makes it look nicer.
The BLtouch should sort out the uneven bed after you've set the Z offset in the centre.
How are you printing via SD card or octopi?
You need the correct G code either setup in your slicer software or octopi to perform a new mesh before you print
The code G29 will use the bltouch to create the mesh before you print.

Soldato
You don't need the Jyers UI screen firmware it just makes it look nicer.
The BLtouch should sort out the uneven bed after you've set the Z offset in the centre.
How are you printing via SD card or octopi?
You need the correct G code either setup in your slicer software or octopi to perform a new mesh before you print
The code G29 will use the bltouch to create the mesh before you print.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.
  • So I've gone ahead and done the UI firmware, like you said - little difference.
  • Printing via SD card.
  • Set the Z offset as described
  • I have G29 in my Gcode before every print (using Cura)
Here is a current picture of the mesh settings below. I just seem to still get one corner not printing correctly OR I adjust and it again...its the other corner out. To me, its almost that the BL Touch is not adjusting the Z axis enough OR at all.
uc

Soldato
OP
Have you manual levelled your bed?
Those mesh figures seem way too high. You are looking for around 0.05 or less. The centre of your bed is nearly there but everywhere else is way out.
You need to lower your top right to start with.
I create a mesh in the firmware and then manual level the bed by adjusting the appropriate wheel, in your case top right and then create another mesh.
The BLtouch will compensate but it's not the Bible for getting level, your still need to get the bed as level as you can buy adjusting your wheels and then the bltouch will then compensate for any unevenness on the build plate itself

Soldato
Your bed level is terrible, sorry to say. Basically what seems to happen (at least for my bed), is that there is a relative sweet spot for flatness, beyond this zone you well get big differences and they won't be anywhere near close. (Yeah, it's real fun). In my experience you really want a max of say 0.05 showing up on average.

Gcodes: If .. IF you are using the UBL version then use these codes at the start of your print:

G28 ; home all axes
M420 S1 ; enable the mesh
G29 L0 ; load mesh
G29 A ; enables UBL
G29 J ; tilt mesh

Soldato
Your bed level is terrible, sorry to say. Basically what seems to happen (at least for my bed), is that there is a relative sweet spot for flatness, beyond this zone you well get big differences and they won't be anywhere near close. (Yeah, it's real fun). In my experience you really want a max of say 0.05 showing up on average.

Gcodes: If .. IF you are using the UBL version then use these codes at the start of your print:

G28 ; home all axes
M420 S1 ; enable the mesh
G29 L0 ; load mesh
G29 A ; enables UBL
G29 J ; tilt mesh

Have you manual levelled your bed?
Those mesh figures seem way too high. You are looking for around 0.05 or less. The centre of your bed is nearly there but everywhere else is way out.
You need to lower your top right to start with.
I create a mesh in the firmware and then manual level the bed by adjusting the appropriate wheel, in your case top right and then create another mesh.
The BLtouch will compensate but it's not the Bible for getting level, your still need to get the bed as level as you can buy adjusting your wheels and then the bltouch will then compensate for any unevenness on the build plate itself

Thanks for your replies,

So I have things a little closer now, not 0.05 average variance I must add. I'm convinced the bed is warped, hence these differences.

I'm not using the UBL, I'm using the standard ABL 5x5 Jyers (low speed). I may just go to the Jyers manual level if I'm honest, at least then every point I can adjust the Z offset - pulling my hair out with this thing :/

Soldato
OP
The touch sensor is there to sort out a warped bed. Just make sure its 'nearly' level using the wheel knobs and then the touch sensor will sort out the differences.
I only use a ABL 3x3 mesh and have no issues with the sensor.
Is it a clone bl touch? or a creality one?.

Soldato
What happens if you do back to back level measurements? Are they the same?

Do you mean screw all the way down? I'm yet to do that, but I'm considering going through the build videos again and starting from scratch. Clearly something isn't playing ball correctly.

*Edit* Wound them all down, so base was at its lowest. The measurements changed, huge differences between front right (Red 1.46) and back left (Green 1.73).

The touch sensor is there to sort out a warped bed. Just make sure its 'nearly' level using the wheel knobs and then the touch sensor will sort out the differences.
I only use a ABL 3x3 mesh and have no issues with the sensor.
Is it a clone bl touch? or a creality one?.

Creality V2 - so the one with the dedicated wire to a 4.2.2 board.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you mean screw all the way down? I'm yet to do that, but I'm considering going through the build videos again and starting from scratch. Clearly something isn't playing ball correctly.

No, that's not what I meant at all. I meant, what if you measure twice with the CR/BL Touch ? Are the measurements on screen the same? If not, then you have a problem elsewhere, such as loose wheel's, loose eccentric nuts, too tight eccentric nuts, loose screws on the x-axis (gantry) (have to remove x-axis to get to these). etc etc.

Soldato
No, that's not what I meant at all. I meant, what if you measure twice with the CR/BL Touch ? Are the measurements on screen the same? If not, then you have a problem elsewhere, such as loose wheel's, loose eccentric nuts, too tight eccentric nuts, loose screws on the x-axis (gantry) (have to remove x-axis to get to these). etc etc.

Oh I understand :) Just done it now, good news is - 2nd run is the same as the first, a couple of 0.01 differences but nothing major. :)

I will keep playing with it, I've moved the bed clips around which I feel has helped. I've also had another go at the eccentric nuts - which again likely helped the slight wobble I had.

Soldato
Sounds like you are good. So just playing with the bed now. My bed can give crazy 2mm difference left to right until i get it in the sweet spot zone.

Make sure the eccentric nuts are done up 'just' enough to remove wobble. Too tight and they wear out rapidly, meaning you will get slop back quickly.

Back
Top Bottom