Ending contract

Associate
My Vodafone contract ends on the 8th July and I would like to switch to a new SIM only contract with a different provider. I understand I have to give them 30 days notice. Can I do that soon to avoid paying for an extra month, or do I need to wait until the 8th July?

Soldato
Assume you're keeping the number and getting a PAC code?

I believe when the new provider uses your PAC code and switch is done, the contract terminates with the last provider and that serves as a notice to them. So as long as you're not in contract with them, only final bill you may get is for a few days of overlap.

You of course need to request the code from Vodafone which you can do over text now and it will be valid for 30 days.

Associate
I dont think you have to give any notice if you are out of contract. If you find a new contract at the beginning of july you can Text PAC to 65075 to get your code. Your provider should send you a text containing your PAC pretty much straight away. As mentioned above this will last 30 days, so you could do it mid june.

You can then transfer on the 8th. Any days after will be charged for the days used I believe. So £30 a month should be about £1 a day. Or you could ask to be swapped to PAYG until you find a better deal.

Back
Top Bottom