Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

It sounds as though you're quite aware of your usage and what you can do to help yourself. After reading your post, I'm not really sure what I can say to help to be quite honest, because it does look as though you've got things covered. About the only thing I can suggest is to buy some thick throws for autumn and winter and avoid using those storage heaters.

The energy companies are going to have absorb some debt for a year or two, until the prices come down - but when the prices do come down, some direct debits won't change for a while until their debit is paid back to the supplier.
Yeah that is the plan for this winter, I will be buying things to stop draft etc too. We just cant afford the current suggested DDs factoring in the arrears, that plus the increases are just to much.

Hopefully I can get this energy trust application sorted out and that will help hopefully.

That makes sense. It’s in the 20s at the moment for private I believe. It will likely be a bit higher next year.
i've seen market predictions that it may go as high as 55p/kwh, but it obviously is just that, a prediction & tbh it is not sustainable for us as a country. There is no price cap on commercial buying rates

SEG are around 3-5 pence per unit

For a minute I was thinking I could get solar and sell out all to the grid. But under 5p it's lower than I thought!

I have never had Octopus put my DD in 2yrs and any credit I build up in 3 months I just withdraw for myself. Compared to others they much easier to sort and adjust with I have found from the 4 other suppliers I have been with.
They were the easiest to get on variable payments for me as well, no arguing with them just asked and they did it. Others have tried implying they don't offer it at all, but they all eventually give in and set it up.

For a minute I was thinking I could get solar and sell out all to the grid. But under 5p it's lower than I thought!

Its coming up for some review I think and there is likely to be some pressure in regards making it more equitable.
Stage one, was making all the suppliers at least recognise it and pay for it.

If my understanding is correct exports will be at a slightly higher voltage to the grid which means export will push into your neighbours in all likelihood, as such the energy companies are making lots of easy money on these units.

They were the easiest to get on variable payments for me as well, no arguing with them just asked and they did it. Others have tried implying they don't offer it at all, but they all eventually give in and set it up.
Indeed, and I have had a couple of times where things not worked, dropped an email and it gets sorted. They are not perfect and things go wrong but they generally seem to fix things quickly and communicate well which much more than any others I had.

E.ON was the worst for me and they messed up my transfer to another supplier, refunded monies before taking their amount as transferred and then claimed I didn't pay my last bill which I am now fighting with them in that regards to get it removed from my Credit report when it their fault.

As I know I am leaving the current house soon* (hopefulyl within 2-3 months) I have been reducing my DD by 10% each month last few months as already £180 in credit and with 2 or 3 more months before the Fix rate ends I want to be as close to 0.00 owed as possible. Thankfully the ex wife moves out middle of september so that means about 70% less elec and gas usage !!

"Separately on Wednesday, E.On reported first-half profits of just under €4.1bn (£3.5bn), which was about €700m below the previous year."

With profits like that I feel energy suppliers are going to be in mess next year. That will turn to a loss with the amount of nonpayment coming.

Is it possible all suppliers could collapse the way things are heading?

With profits like that I feel energy suppliers are going to be in mess next year. That will turn to a loss with the amount of nonpayment coming.

Is it possible all suppliers could collapse the way things are heading?
They should be handing over a sizeable portion of that. Absolutely disgusting to be announcing profits like that at the moment, it fuels the desire to protest.

They should be handing over a sizeable portion that. Absolutely disgusting to be announcing profits like that at the moment it fuels the desire to protest.

But this year its going to be negative.
If you take that profit and they say... Well there's no point being here anymore. We are leaving the UK... What then?

Maybe we should move it to the same as water. You can make x amount of profit Per year.

That's sort of how the water industry operates

Companies have to tender and justify increasing this. They do this to ofwat. If ofwat says no, they can't increase their unit prices etc. They ofwat have a lot of power.

Woa, just had a look at what Octopus are offering if I switched to a 12m fixed rate. 75p a unit. My bill would go from ~£300 to ~£650.

Damn, is this really how bad it's expected to get in October?

75p??

Is that what 4k translates to?
3x more than my unit rate. Dare I ask what gas is?

Its unbelievable, in September I was on 12 a unit.

Back
Top Bottom