Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I didn't, i thought it communicated with the meters and then connected to the wifi in the house and then sent the info out to their system..
Everydays a school day eh..

They can't run the risk that people will turn them off so they're enforced on at the meter level, and they send data over a secured mobile network instead of your internet for the same kind of reason.

The display just reads the data wirelessly for your convenience inside the home.

I think the local smart meters do store data for a while in case of gaps in sending info, so should find it backfills OK.
thought they locally kept the data for a year, if the octopus app data is not up to date that can be an issue with them getting it from the DCC smet2
maybe a 3rd party app will succeed. (hildebrand etc),
indeed any of savings calculation delays can be that, and may have stressed dcc resources ?

Maybe prices will go down later next year can't see factories will wind down production many businesses will fold and a deep recession we will all be on the dole

Cheers tory voters

Makes you wonder how everyone could afford energy in 2001 when usage was at its peak. God knows what 100w incandescent bulbs would cost now!

Last edited:
I was just reading an article on the BBC and it was mentioning fuel poverty and like many of these things it doesn't make sense.

We both earn good money but I would suggest that we could easily be lumped into fuel poverty by their standards.

We heat the room/rooms we are in to ~19 degrees and the rest of the house is set to not go below 14. Our house is thermally crap. If we heated it to the point of comfort throughout we would be looking at a £20+/day gas bill. Maybe more. No one would suggest we are in fuel poverty with a straight face.

I was just reading an article on the BBC and it was mentioning fuel poverty and like many of these things it doesn't make sense.

We both earn good money but I would suggest that we could easily be lumped into fuel poverty by their standards.

We heat the room/rooms we are in to ~19 degrees and the rest of the house is set to not go below 14. Our house is thermally crap. If we heated it to the point of comfort throughout we would be looking at a £20+/day gas bill. Maybe more. No one would suggest we are in fuel poverty with a straight face.

They changed the definition and due to the current version I agree many who can for sure afford it will be classified as in fuel poverty

They changed the definition and due to the current version I agree many who can for sure afford it will be classified as in fuel poverty
They seem to have gone too extreme the other way, doing it based on flat % was wrong fair enough, because if you on say a 100k salary and you spending 30% of it on energy, you still have a lot of money left for everything else, whilst 30% of a 15k income its a very different story. But the new methodology seems designed to just make things look better politically.

They seem to have gone too extreme the other way, doing it based on flat % was wrong fair enough, because if you on say a 100k salary and you spending 30% of it on energy, you still have a lot of money left for everything else, whilst 30% of a 15k income its a very different story. But the new methodology seems designed to just make things look better politically.

Yeah, its a very difficult thing to measure fairly and honestly

My point was that the definition of "heat your home to a comfortable level" is a silly metric. To heat my home to 20 degree throughout so I was comfortable would cost me an absolute fortune. I would never do that even though I can afford to. Not being able to afford to do that wouldn't mean I was in fuel poverty.

My point was that the definition of "heat your home to a comfortable level" is a silly metric. To heat my home to 20 degree throughout so I was comfortable would cost me an absolute fortune. I would never do that even though I can afford to. Not being able to afford to do that wouldn't mean I was in fuel poverty.
Agreed, to a "healthy temperature" maybe, which I think is considered 18C, but not comfortable, and everyone has a different comfort level as well.

Poverty is usually about affordability on essentials not comforts?

Back
Top Bottom