Energy Suppliers

Soldato
I’m with Igloo for electricity only (no gas to my home). Does anyone have any idea of how long the process of OFGEM changing my supplier/tariff? Also how do they decide which one I will get? Is it one supplier/tariff (which I suspect is standard rate) or based on various factors such as geographical, type of property etc?

Soldato
I’m with Igloo for electricity only (no gas to my home). Does anyone have any idea of how long the process of OFGEM changing my supplier/tariff? Also how do they decide which one I will get? Is it one supplier/tariff (which I suspect is standard rate) or based on various factors such as geographical, type of property etc?
Can't answer your questions I'm afraid, as someone in the same boat, I'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure we'll be able to swap after a month anyway.

Associate
what's a good ev tariff, Octo said they will be getting rid of the Octopus go tariff very soon

Not sure on that, I started on the "GO" Tariff last Friday on a one year fixed rate of 5P 4 hour window 16.5p rest of the time....it's saving me a fortune.
10.6 Kw used yesterday cost me 93.4p, 25p of that cost is the SC.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can't answer your questions I'm afraid, as someone in the same boat, I'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure we'll be able to swap after a month anyway.

you prob won’t find anything to switch to. The energy cap is lower than the wholesale cost

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone else had a monthly debit from Avro today?? Just seen £82 disappear to Avro!

I'm now owed £330 from shell who I left, and £164 from avro who are no more! This really extracts the urine :mad:

Your new energy supplier Octopus Energy took it.

From the email I got from them:
  • If you pay by Direct Debit, this will continue as usual and automatically start crediting us rather than Avro. Please do not cancel your Direct Debit.
  • If you’ve already cancelled your Direct Debit, that’s no problem — we’ll send you details of how to set up a new one soon.

Soldato
Symbio and Enstroga have ceased trading also

I'm with Symbio and only found out when I tuned into the 10pm news.

No email or anything from them. Website has been updated.

No idea who will be taking over the supply but what with no gas and an air source heat pump, plus the fact theres nothing to switch to, I'm in for some impressive bills over winter.

Soldato
You making this up?

Bulb do direct debit in advance so I highly doubt it is just 1 day in advance.

Industry requirement as soon as you get a certain size customer base you are required to buy all energy well in advance, the smaller firms buy on day ahead hedging which is why you can enjoy cheap prices if day prices are cheap but larger suppliers tend to be more costly cos they have had to try and predict the cost a year in advance so the pricing is more cautious.

Downside to the day hedging the smaller guys do, is when day prices are high as hell like now..... they **** money away as they are making a loss on every unit, hence so many going to the wall atm.

Soldato
what's a good ev tariff, Octo said they will be getting rid of the Octopus go tariff very soon

I've just moved over to Go this month. When are they thinking of stopping this?

It's only fixed for a year so hoping that there will be another option come renewal next year as it's saving us a fortune for car charging and running washing machines etc overnight!

Associate
I'm with Symbio and only found out when I tuned into the 10pm news.

No email or anything from them. Website has been updated.

No idea who will be taking over the supply but what with no gas and an air source heat pump, plus the fact theres nothing to switch to, I'm in for some impressive bills over winter.

Same with Symbio, elec only as have a ground source heat pump and was paying 12.6p/kWh. Looks like bills are about to just about double :(

Soldato
Same with Symbio, elec only as have a ground source heat pump and was paying 12.6p/kWh. Looks like bills are about to just about double :(

The government need to step in and sort something out in the longer term.

They are wanting/forcing us to move over to more environmentally friendly products such as the heat pumps and electric vehicles however the way prices are going it will become unaffordable.

Luckily I got in with Octopus Go at £0.1499 peak price, already they have increased that to £0.239 which would increase our electricity bill alone by over £900 per year if it stays like it is till next October.

How is this sustainable?!

Caporegime
The government need to step in and sort something out in the longer term.

They are wanting/forcing us to move over to more environmentally friendly products such as the heat pumps and electric vehicles however the way prices are going it will become unaffordable.

Luckily I got in with Octopus Go at £0.1499 peak price, already they have increased that to £0.239 which would increase our electricity bill alone by over £900 per year if it stays like it is till next October.

How is this sustainable?!

Government can't really do anything.
That's the price of gas. And the price of being dependent on it from international travel sources

Back
Top Bottom