1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy Suppliers (strictly no referrals)

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by craig_t, 12 Jan 2016.

1. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

My thoughts also, there is some seriously risk averse people who don't seem to mind been ripped off as they that risk averse.

April is predicted to be well above inflation, but at the same time its not going to be a 20%+ rise. I try to urge people to not panic buy into tariffs.

2. the shadow

Soldato

24p Unit Rate (per kWh) 3.98700p for me next week it's still cheaper for me to ride out not fixing
    Come april i will still be better off being a low user i hope assuming my supplier doesn't go bust

3. mrkev

Gangster

I'm in a similar situation and no longer have a cheque book so I hope they accept other forms of electronic payment. Not sure whether to bother with DD also as there is no benefit to me and saves me from building up huge amount of credit. I would just rather pay a bill monthly for the correct amount of usage but I'll have to wait for BG to fully set up my account first to see what my options are.

4. 413x

Capodecina

Remember I'm getting 200 pounds to offset against this rise. And I've read that next variable could be 200-300gbp increase over a year.

Also my electric on the fix is almost same price as variable. And during summer this is basically all I use

5. jpaul

Capodecina

Besides - the government would have to intervene and provide some kind of subsidy come April (vat reduction? this is a gift horse atm like petrol), if rate was increased dramatically, both for less well off folks, and industry (beyond CO2 manufacture);
    ... 2nd round of SOLR selection.

6. Diagro

Sgarrista

Anyone had this happen?

Moved to a new tariff.. only to find a few days later to have been moved to a completely different tariff which is substantially more expensive without being told?

Shell energy have just shafted me...

An extra 1p per gas unit and 3p per electricity unit. Wtf

7. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

My switch from Green/Shell to Sainsbury's Energy completes tomorrow so that's something I don't have to worry about for another year. Pretty relieved it went through because it was by far the best of the "deals" remaining three weeks ago. No credit to worry about as Green got my direct debit bang on and my account evened out last month. Just my final bill to come.

8. 413x

Capodecina

Is this a move from green?
    I can't remember! :D

That's a lot too.
    I'll keep a look out for my Scottish Power bill

Edit.
    It's because you're on a flexible tariff. And that got changed this month.

9. VigiFlyer

Gangster

has the switch fully completed or are you still in the cooling off period?

10. Diagro

Sgarrista

Yes, but I was to start an agreed tariff.
    They should have told me anyway. The sods have raised a complaint as there was no communication. Will see what happens.

11. Diagro

Sgarrista

Wasn't a switch. Was a tariff ending and new one starting.

12. cheesefest

Wise Guy

Does anyone know the name of the Eon Next tariff for the former Igloo customers?

13. Zenduri

Soldato

No but i can see if i can get you the name and prices. Can you trust me your MPAN area

Last edited: 7 Oct 2021
  14. 413x

Capodecina

Im still getting emails from Shell saying I'm with them but also from Scottish Power saying I'm with them.

Also read a news story saying variable could get to 1600 a year or higher in April.

That would be shocking if it comes to pass

15. Semple

Sgarrista

I had an email from shell this morning too after i switched to Sainsburys/Eon 5 days ago.

I'm betting shell are just mass adding all the accounts they inherited from Green and will eventually get round to sorting out which ones have already switched.

I cancelled by direct debit with Green some time ago (about 2 months before they went bust) as i was in a bit of credit and figured that'd last me until i made the switch. That should break close to even, will probably find that shell owe me about a tenner.

16. 413x

Capodecina

I also cancelled. My DD ended up 40 in credit. So submitted meter reads to suck that up. I'd rather owe them than they owe me

That's what I suspected. Mass email. I've just checked with Scottish Power to make sure my switch has gone through. If the rises in April Are correctly projected I'm definitely glad to be taking the higher costs now.

17. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

Meaningless number, what matters is % increase or unit prices, the average usage and average price is meaningless to the millions who dont have average consumption

I think the wholesale rate will be lower by then vs what it is now.

18. 413x

Capodecina

They are calculated on historic data so they will be going up significantly. Its unavoidable.

What can't bank on its some sort of government intervention. But the energy corps can't suck up losses forever. Prices must go up

If they go up by 300 that's 1200 ish to 1500ish

About 25 percent. Conservative prediction apparently

19. 200sols

Sgarrista

Yeah, my usage is already about £2k per year. 30, 40% increases are going to hit lots of people not just the poor. The economy will suffer as a result.

20. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

Yeah I know will be going up absolutely no question, but not sure it will be this predicted 33%.

If the government let that happen, they would have to back down on UC, maybe consider dropping levies/VAT as well.

I think the wholesale rate will stabilise, Russia starting to feed gas, repairs done mid October and fully done by March.