1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy Suppliers (strictly no referrals)

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by craig_t, 12 Jan 2016.

1. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

Like it is now you mean?

2. dLockers

Sgarrista

3. PiKe

Caporegime

4. Bluecube

Mobster

Here

5. Azza

Caporegime

6. PiKe

Caporegime

7. Zenduri

Soldato

Lol and people think nationalising energy will mean cheaper energy and well run companies.... another good example would be robin hood energy lol

8. MissChief

Capodecina

What people want is utilities not run for profit by companies owned by foreign Governments. The UK Energy provider EDF is wholly owned by the mostly State owned Électricité de France. The Government owned French power company takes profits from the UK market! TBH it's the same on our privatised publix transport too, many joint companies are state owned by foreign governments.

9. dLockers

Sgarrista

No then :cry:

10. ristac

Hitman

You just need to look at the FTSE to know business and investment is doing okay. The entire world is suffering from the knock on effect of Covid but a few Labour supporters like to believe the UK is unique and worse off than the rest

11. Simon

Capodecina

Which allows low carbon nuclear energy as part of uk energy mix. No energy company is making a profit right now anyway.

12. V_R

Sgarrista

My Avro > Octopus switch is well underway now. The tariff isn't bad considering.

13. Stovehead

Associate

We officially go live with Octopus tomorrow. I’ve set the direct debit to £75. We were paying £43 to Avro.

14. robj20

Capodecina

Ask them to put you on variable payments pay for what you use then.

15. MissChief

Capodecina

Have been with Octopus for three months, shock and surprise as they now want to put my DD up. It’s not a massive change, £92 to £103 but I’m in credit by over £100 already. I’ll allow it as the jump isn’t too much but will be sure to supply readings regularly.

16. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

Anybody else had another direct debit taken by Green/Shell even though they have left? I left Green before Shell took the account over yet Green took their usual direct debit this morning, same day as my new supplier Sainsburys Energy so another month I have been hit by a double direct debit for energy. They confirmed my final meter reads had been accepted two weeks ago but I have still had no final bill and they are still taking money even though my account was in credit. I am getting sick and fed up with companies incompetance which only seems to be getting worse these days.

17. Zenduri

Soldato

Another one gone. Bluegreen energy and only 5900 customers this time. Expecting more to have gone under by the end of the week.

18. Gixer

Wise Guy

I totally forgot to cancel my Avro DD. They took another £74 again 27th October, DOH!!

Contacted Optopus and apparently that will have made it's way to them. I just have to keep track of my credit as I swapped to E-On a few days before Avro ceased trading. Now I have £349 credit with Avro and £74 with Octopus. DD is now cancelled, I feel dumb for forgetting to cancel it.

19. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

I get why you cancelled it, the issue with doing it is that Octopus no longer have a mechanism to automatically refund you meaning it will probably take longer to get the refund.

20. Gixer

Wise Guy

If you know your yearly usage work out how much you should pay each month and refuse any requests to raise your DD. I'd say a £10 a month increase is a fairly big change, if it isn't needed.