Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Which tariff is that?

I can get BG Exclusive May 23v1 and the unit rate is 33.283 and standing charge 50.244 (Electric)

Thinking that I should take the offer before they withdraw it.
Yes that's the same offer as me. I'm too thinking about going for it incase its pulled.

Associate
This is what I'm offered if I want to fix right now with my supplier:

Payment method: Direct Debit. Electricity unit rate: 61.456p per kWh. Electricity standing charge: 45.317p per day. Gas unit rate: 19.229p per kWh. Gas standing charge: 32.748p per day. Exit fees: £300.00 per fuel. Tariff Term: 12 months

:eek::(
The problem with this kind of rip off tariff is that a lot of people won't know any better and go for it. A lot of people don't understand unit pricing.

Caporegime
Which tariff is that?

I can get BG Exclusive May 23v1 and the unit rate is 33.283 and standing charge 50.244 (Electric)

Thinking that I should take the offer before they withdraw it.

This sounds like a reasonable offer given the circumstances?

Not sure what new rates will be

Caporegime
This is what I'm offered if I want to fix right now with my supplier:

Payment method: Direct Debit. Electricity unit rate: 61.456p per kWh. Electricity standing charge: 45.317p per day. Gas unit rate: 19.229p per kWh. Gas standing charge: 32.748p per day. Exit fees: £300.00 per fuel. Tariff Term: 12 months

:eek::(

This is not a reasonable offer!
Wtf

BG tariffs look to have moved on to June rates now :( I suppose it makes sense that they will creep up month by month as we approach the next rise.
The loyalty June 2023 v2 looks ok, but its just over 5ppu on electric increase, and around 50% increase on gas.
Right now gas is averaging around 80p per day since we got our meter, thats hot water (1-2showers a day, hand washing, bit run into sink to soak the odd really dirty pot before going into dishwasher etc) and a bit of hob cooking. So thats no issue, it could even end up better value than the cap come Oct but its looking close at this point.
Handily with the heating off I will get a nice baseline over the summer on our gas usage excluding heating and will be able to derive a reasonably accurate heating cost then being the diff once its switched back on.
This is the first time ever we have turned the heating off completely. Normally we prefer it to come on if its darn cold over night, your still getting up to cold no matter if its June or Dec, but right now we have just decided maybe it will actually help with lower house temps in the warmer months with just cold bits that would trigger the heating.

Must admit I am tempted by that BG tariff.
Exit fees is £75 so should some massively unexpected event happen then its not too painful to leave. £150 is around 5-10% of my expected annual costs.

I do fear a bit on this we will see the big few dropping fixed

As has been part of the discussion before, the fixeds came as part of the opening up of the markets, the challengers offered this sort of thing and forced the big boys to add some more flexibility.
People forget the choices used to be DD or cheque/cash on 3 month bill in arrears, that was it.

Part of me suspects that the big boys would love to keep the monthly DD part, but slowly move away from fixed to variable pricing for all.
The majority moving to paying variable (price cap) almost helps them with that transition! :(

Back
Top Bottom