Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Still no account details from Eon Next. A friend suggested to cancel DD from Igloo as I have £225 in credit. No final bill from 23/9-3/10 from Igloo. Probably about £210 in credit at a guess.

What I’m doing is keeping back £50 a month so if when I do I get an account number from Eon Next. Just in case they take months. Rather have plenty of money to deal with this than struggling.

What will happen if I still don’t have account details from EN by end March 2022? That’s when the tariff deal ends

Soldato
Your igloo tariff died with igloo, you will be on the capped SVR and when that changes in April you’ll remain on that capped SVR what ever that is.

You can switch away at any time but there isn’t anyone to switch to so it’s pointless. Re-evaluate next year and see what’s what.

Soldato
Still no account details from Eon Next. A friend suggested to cancel DD from Igloo as I have £225 in credit. No final bill from 23/9-3/10 from Igloo. Probably about £210 in credit at a guess.

What I’m doing is keeping back £50 a month so if when I do I get an account number from Eon Next. Just in case they take months. Rather have plenty of money to deal with this than struggling.

What will happen if I still don’t have account details from EN by end March 2022? That’s when the tariff deal ends

VVVVVV

FYI to any old Igloo customers.

Igloo solr customers are being migrated into Eon Next's systems starting tomorrow (03/11/21) and the migration should be complete by the 14/11/21. I would imagine when your accounts are migrated you should start to receive more communcations about your new account etc.

No news on any Enstroga or Symbio SOLR customers but as soon as i hear anything ill post it here

Soldato
Yes and claim £10 less for the average user

Just got a reply from Octopus :

Hi, the price cap applies to standard variable tariffs, which is kind of like a 'default' tariff that you go onto if you don't pick a specific new deal when a fix ends.

Tracker is a little different, so not bound by the price cap, but, it does have a 35p per kWh cap of its own.

Hope this helps, but let us know if you have any questions!

Which is annoying as this morning I got the message below. It seems they can now just chose your tariff for you instead of letting it go to the default price cap tariff

Hi

We thought you should know that on 6th November 2021, you'll reach the end of your fixed term, and automatically moved to Octopus Tracker: our always great value variable tariff.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I heard from them when it was announced but I was already switching to Sainsbury's Energy so they didn't take over my account. Now that Green has taken a second month's direct debit that they had no right to and I have still not had a final bill despite being told nearly three weeks ago that my final meter reads had been accepted I have no idea who to talk to about the large amount of credit that is building up.

Soldato
I heard from them when it was announced but I was already switching to Sainsbury's Energy so they didn't take over my account. Now that Green has taken a second month's direct debit that they had no right to and I have still not had a final bill despite being told nearly three weeks ago that my final meter reads had been accepted I have no idea who to talk to about the large amount of credit that is building up.

I'm in the same position, although the DD went out just a few days after the switchover. I checked my account and my September bill was also cancelled so I've got a bit to pay but the credit will more than cover it.

Soldato
Same situation. I asked Shell and they said to cancel the direct debit if you want. I’m assuming it will take months to resolve. Fortunately it isn’t causing us any financial hardship.

Soldato
Any former Green customers heard from Shell Energy? I've had their welcome email and that's all. Provided a final read to green as requested at the end of September radio silence since.

I came here to ask the same message - haven't heard anything since. Cancelled my DD before realising I wasn't meant to, but keeping money aside for the inevitable massive bill that will come.

Caporegime

I also heard from Shell. But was switching (and have switched) to Scottish Power. I believe I have some credit with green. But I believe thier site is gone now?

Everything is a bit confusing!

I cancelled my DD with green immediately as I didn't want another 70 be stuck in limbo.

Just didn't trust them to not bill me again

Soldato
I cancelled my DD with Green about 2 weeks prior to the gas prices shooting up. I was already in credit and had decided to move anyway, so figured i'd cancel DD and use up my credit whilst switching. Was just fortunate that after switching Green went bust anyway. I downloaded my bills the day they went under, so i think by the time my last bill comes out of the balance i'll be left with about £15-20 to claim from Shell.

Soldato
I got my Eon Next’s account number via email. Will take a couple of weeks for the credit from Igloo transferred to EN.

Still no final bill. Last bill from Igloo was created 16th Sept. EN took over my account on 3rd Oct. For a rough idea of how much leccy (don’t have gas) I halved the last bill. Didn’t have heating on then. So I should get c£195 credit coming to my EN account. Set up a DD about £20 less a month than I had with Igloo and the credit should help things. Then in Feb, early March start searching again for deals

Associate
They bill you after you submit a reading, you your not on a smart meter.

I'm on a smart meter, you have to have one to get on the "GO tariff", they take half hour readings, those readings are showing on the Octopus portal.
I thought with a smart meter you did not have to put in readings, bit daft if you do as they have half hour readings from you?.

Back
Top Bottom