Energy Suppliers

Associate
Hi guys.

Any recommendations for suppliers? With BG on a smart metre but there prices for next year are adding 400 quid to my bill.

Was looking at octopus but couldn't see an android app for them.

Soldato
Any recommendations

you've looked at BG on energy saving club ? they were competitive with bulb, see earlier posts ,
[you can access octopus website .... why do you need an app]

... cant we cut these multiple sychopantic messages about referral thanks out ... do it via trust .. it just wastes space ... like these words.

Soldato
I tend to use Uswitch via Quidco. That way you get cashback as well as a good deal. I'm with Eon, when the renewal came up the cost had increased to silly money. I went through Uswitch and ended up staying with Eon, but on a plan only available through sites like that.

Soldato
So im now a Bulb customer from Sunday and submitted my readings today so all good.

Looking at the vari-fair tariff I'm on 15.38p Day, 8.29 Night and 20.44 Standing charge and its giving me the option to switch their 3 rate smart tarrif which is promising the below...

lULomTw.png

Considering im out the house between 4-7pm 4-5days per week and even then my usage during this time is under 150w/hour im thinking this might be ideal for me as its shaving 3p kwh off my normal day rate.

Thoughts?

Associate
yeap
So im now a Bulb customer from Sunday and submitted my readings today so all good.

Looking at the vari-fair tariff I'm on 15.38p Day, 8.29 Night and 20.44 Standing charge and its giving me the option to switch their 3 rate smart tarrif which is promising the below...

lULomTw.png

Considering im out the house between 4-7pm 4-5days per week and even then my usage during this time is under 150w/hour im thinking this might be ideal for me as its shaving 3p kwh off my normal day rate.

Thoughts?

Do it! this is the future and one of the main reasons people are being pushed on to smart meters so they can charge for different rates and different times of the day. Ideally you would want some form of battery backed up solar panels to charge during the day and then live of battery until 7pm and you would be saving a fortune. If I lived alone I would have done this already but with the wife and kids it never going to work but even then if i had a night rate I could program stuff to come on at night.

Soldato
Thoughts?
am also with them .. so they now decided how to implement smart..
I want to know if their app/hardware will give me daily useage stats on an hourly basis ? , probably not like Octopus's doesn't

- Did you consider octopus variable rate too ? if you are genuinely not there 4-7pm maybe better than bulb

Back
Top Bottom