England vs India Test & ODI Series *SPOILERS*

Soldato
The Tests against India are less than week away from starting and India are current playing England's B side (aka the Lions?!). Strauss has clearly benefited from a break from the full side as today he managed to score 1 of 17 balls before being clean bowled. I don't understand how such a quality player can end up on such a bad run of form, I can't remember the last time he put together 2 or 3 innings in a row. :eek: No wonder Tres is looking like making a comeback sometime soon.

Predictions for the series? I'm going for a 1-1.

Caporegime
Looks like it will be an interesting series, not that ill be paying much attention to it i admit.

I see England taking the test series pretty easily but the ODI's i think the Indians will take the series themselves...i mean if England couldnt win the ODI series against the WI's then what chance have they got to take it from the Indians.

Regardless should be an interesting set of series...

Associate
Our A team are running through the Indians at the moment .. 90/4 ..

I would 'LOVE IT' if Tendulkars, Dravids, Gangulys etc last England tour was a complete failure and 3 nil drubbing ...

Associate
i reckon we will win the tests but not as easily as people think. i cant see our bowling attack skittling the indians over and i can always see at least one of there batsmen scoring big runs. In saying that though india dont travel well normally, and id like to be proven wrong.
i can see us getting truely thrashed in ODI, we miss trescothick so much at the top and flintoff to. im hoping bopara will be given a chance bowling in this series as well and placed higher up the order, i think someone of his ability needs to be given more a chance to get runs.

Soldato
I'm going to watch England A vs India in Northampton on Aug 18, the only problem is Im going with an Indian work mate and he got the tickets through his cricket club (Luton Indians, Monty used to play for them when he was younger) which means Im the only England supporter sitting amongst 100 or so Indians. Should be interesting :D

Soldato
Think India will lose the test series (probably 2-1) but beat England in the ODIs (5-2). India are relying so badly on the batsman, the bowling situation just seems to get worse by the day and I can't remember India have such a pathetic bowling attack in a long long time. India need the usual suspects to bat big and I think they will put up some resistance but you will always struggle if you can't bowl the other team out. I look at the Indian bowlers and just can't see how they will bowl England out

ODI's I feel you can get away with having an unbalanced team and India's batting imo is much stronger than England's in the ODI form and that will show. The bowlers for India though are as bad as ever and you don't beat good test teams with average test bowlers, India usually have a great spin attack but Panesar is probably in better form than any Indian spinner so England's bowling is better in just about every department! As for the fielding again England is far stronger though the addition of Dinesh Kartik has given India a top notch fielder which is what they are really short on.

Man of Honour
Well, having watched England A run up 400+ against their bowlers I'm predicting a 2-0 win for england. I think we'll struggle to take 20 wickets in each match (especially in the absence of harmison - unless Broad does something amazing) but on the positive side I wonder what kind of scores england might produce against a relatively weak bowling attack...

Man of Honour
Harmison is definitely out for the whole series as he's having his hernia operated on. Just what he didn't need as I think his confidence & rhythm were getting back where they should be :(

Soldato
The handling of him has been shocking IMO. All through the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tests he was bowling mid 80's. Then they admitted he had a hernia but he'd try and bowl through it through county games and another three test matches. It was clearly affecting him if he couldn't bowl properly and Harmy without his speed isn't anywhere near as effective.

They should have sent him off with him missing the fourth test.

Soldato
Exactly they knew about this right after the WI series so why they left it and hoped it would magically go away I do not know!

Soldato
1st test odds:

England 14/5
Draw 73/100
India 9/2

Why are the odds for a draw so short? Is there rain forcast or is it just because both teams have a great batting lineup but can't bowl?

Associate
India's bowling attack is fairly weak, that could make the difference between the two teams. The weather will also play a large part I think. Can't wait for Thursday, I'm going to every day of the Lord's test!

Caporegime
So far England are 72/0 off 13 overs :/, some pretty terrible bowling by the Indians..they really do look out of sorts.
If they dont get a few wickets quickly and soon then i can see a royal English spanking for them:p.

Soldato
115/1 at lunch. Very good start and at over 4 an over too. Shame cook went as he was looking good as usual. Strauss lucky to be there, how on earth did he drop that?! Nearly even hit him in the face it was that bad! Isn't he a wicketkeeper too?!!!

Back
Top Bottom