Entire pc build for photo editing £500-700?

Associate
Hello all, I have zero experience with building pcs so I could do with a recommended build / some advice.

I want a new pc for photo editing and general usage, Web browsing etc. It won't be used for gaming. I have photographs on sd and cf type cards, typically I'd transfer my photos using a reader of some kind but Ive seen machines with card slots etc? I'm not bothered either way, whatever will perform best.

I'm not even sure how realistic a budget of £500-700 but that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Hey - thank you for the basket, really appreciate it. I'm going to use this as a starting point - I may be back with some questions!
Cheers

Soldato
Hey - thank you for the basket, really appreciate it. I'm going to use this as a starting point - I may be back with some questions!
Cheers

intel version of the above, 4 cores and 4 threads like the Ryzen 1200 but a better designed CPU (not the price though) and would perform better in Adobe programs for editing images etc
also PLS panel monitor so colours should be nicer then TN paneled monitor

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £668.15 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Associate
OP
Thanks again for the basket, this is all good stuff.

I think I'd also like to explore the possibility of using only ssd(s), maybe I'll have to start with one and then invest in another one later if its easy enough to insert.

And then I'm thinking of trying to get one 8 gb ram stick so I can add more later instead of having two 4gb sticks.

I think I can get a keyboard and mouse so I won't need that which is a mini win.

Soldato
the mechanical HDD is for storage, applications and software go on the SSD, the AMD motherboard I specced has 4 dim sockets so you can upgrade later, there is probably an intel equivalent. RAM "should" be installed in pairs to enable dual channel. careful on the case as well the one orbital specced doesn't have a 3.5 slot for the card reader

Associate
You can get much more for your money if you get the windows key from elsewhere.. i paid about £8 for mine about 2 years ago and its never let me down

Associate
OP
the mechanical HDD is for storage, applications and software go on the SSD, the AMD motherboard I specced has 4 dim sockets so you can upgrade later, there is probably an intel equivalent. RAM "should" be installed in pairs to enable dual channel. careful on the case as well the one orbital specced doesn't have a 3.5 slot for the card reader

Great - thank you for the info

Associate
OP
For some reason I was expecting to see a graphics card in the basket(s)? Is this absence of this in the Intel basket down to current prices or do you think integrated graphics is enough?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom