• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** EPIC DISCOUNTS: RYZEN 3000 UPGRADE OR BUILD YOUR OWN RIG, BIG SAVINGS INSIDE!! **

Associate
Are we not eligible for discounts then as in those who brought our cpu’s less than 2 weeks ago?

I would have gone for a 3600x at that price instead of the 3600.

Doubtful. It would be a nice gesture, but I haven't seen many businesses do nice gestures these days. Bit sore about this to be honest, you expect price drops months later, but not a couple of weeks! :mad:

Associate
Is there any reason not to get 3600 memory over the 3200 if I am planning to get a 3900x?

Tempted for a new case but I am not sure what would be a good replacement for my HAF X.

Soldato
Doubtful. It would be a nice gesture, but I haven't seen many businesses do nice gestures these days. Bit sore about this to be honest, you expect price drops months later, but not a couple of weeks! :mad:

some companies do - I bought a fancy new big fridge freezer from a big well known green retailer on sale, the next week it had dropped by another £80... sent them an email and they price matched it, refunding the difference.

I believe they price match for 28 days after purchase (including their own prices).

So it definitely can happen!

Associate
some companies do - I bought a fancy new big fridge freezer from a big well known green retailer on sale, the next week it had dropped by another £80... sent them an email and they price matched it, refunding the difference.

I believe they price match for 28 days after purchase (including their own prices).

So it definitely can happen!

Gibbo.... :D

Associate
That didnt take long for the cpu's to be discounted! I think this is that last time I order something for launch. Wait a month or so next time. I still do the same things as I did with my old 1600 that I do on my new 3700X.

Associate
That didnt take long for the cpu's to be discounted! I think this is that last time I order something for launch. Wait a month or so next time. I still do the same things as I did with my old 1600 that I do on my new 3700X.

Ditto. I never expected discounts this soon after launch, and feel a bit burned to be honest.

Caporegime
The problem with boards is the X570 are just too expensive for a lot of people, if you're spending £190 on a 3600 you're not spending £170 on a very basic bare-bones ugly board.

To push the most expensive unneeded PCIe 4 Chip-Set first with much cheaper PCIe 3 B550 boards delayed for 7 / 8 months was a mistake, a lot of people are just not buying X570 and instead are keeping their older board's or buying those older boards new and having to contend with in some cases under developed BIOSes because vendors are reluctant to support Ryzen 3000 on older board's, they want you to buy the new ones.

My Ryzen 3600 works perfectly on ASRock AB350 Pro 4, but it is on the first AGESA Matisse 1.0.0.1 BIOS with the later Matisse 1.0.0.3ABA no where in sight and no news on it.

Soldato
The problem with boards is the X570 are just too expensive for a lot of people, if you're spending £190 on a 3600 you're not spending £170 on a very basic bare-bones ugly board.

To push the most expensive unneeded PCIe 4 Chip-Set first with much cheaper PCIe 3 B550 boards delayed for 7 / 8 months was a mistake, a lot of people are just not buying X570 and instead are keeping their older board's or buying those older boards new and having to contend with in some cases under developed BIOSes because vendors are reluctant to support Ryzen 3000 on older board's, they want you to buy the new ones.

My Ryzen 3600 works perfectly on ASRock AB350 Pro 4, but it is on the first AGESA Matisse 1.0.0.1 BIOS with the later Matisse 1.0.0.3ABA no where in sight and no news on it.

The other thing is whether investing so much in an x570 board is wise without knowing what AM5 socket plans there are. Presumably a commitment to Ryzen 3000 is with the understanding that Ryzen 4000 will require a new mobo with AM5?

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Have you dropped a line to Asrock support to see if there is a beta bios for you to try?

There's ones for other boards available if you ask

Back
Top Bottom