• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** EPIC DISCOUNTS: RYZEN 3000 UPGRADE OR BUILD YOUR OWN RIG, BIG SAVINGS INSIDE!! **

Caporegime
The other thing is whether investing so much in an x570 board is wise without knowing what AM5 socket plans there are. Presumably a commitment to Ryzen 3000 is with the understanding that Ryzen 4000 will require a new mobo with AM5?

Ryzen 4000 is still AM4 :)

Have you dropped a line to Asrock support to see if there is a beta bios for you to try?

There's ones for other boards available if you ask

no, i'll do that thanks :)

Caporegime
it maybe on am4 but will like we seen with other am4 boards there not either capable or recommended to be run on. weak vrms bios issues and such.

Caporegime
it maybe on am4 but will like we seen with other am4 boards there not either capable or recommended to be run on. weak vrms bios issues and such.

Power has nothing to do with it.

2600 65 Watts - 3600 65 Watts
2700 65 Watts - 3700X 65 Watts
2700X 105 Watts - 3800X 105 Watts
........................ 3900X 105 Watts

Of course you wouldn't run a 105 Watt CPU on a £70 B350 board.

YesTechCity tested a 3600 on a very cheap A320 board and it was perfectly fine, more than fine in fact.

Caporegime
people not only weeks ago get a 450b board its fine. now...its emerging that it maybe not fine. as msi have suggested. you just dont know. you are basically buying a dead end motherboard chipset platform and just hoping its supported when you need to upgrade. its risky. you have to put your faith in the companies involved who basically are not there for love they there for business. high end zen 2 chips on budget boards are really recommended some even lower end chips dont work on older am4 boards. so how do you even know that there maybe even less support for these older boards when the next chips are out ?

its pretty obvious the support will be less as you have new chipsets out so that is where all the focus will go. also other chipsets to come. you better off just buying the board you actually need for the cpu you need then upgrade again when needed.

Associate
Doubtful. It would be a nice gesture, but I haven't seen many businesses do nice gestures these days. Bit sore about this to be honest, you expect price drops months later, but not a couple of weeks! :mad:

These prices would give me a £30 saving on the kit I only bought on last Saturday...

Soldato
people not only weeks ago get a 450b board its fine. now...its emerging that it maybe not fine. as msi have suggested. you just dont know. you are basically buying a dead end motherboard chipset platform and just hoping its supported when you need to upgrade. its risky. you have to put your faith in the companies involved who basically are not there for love they there for business. high end zen 2 chips on budget boards are really recommended some even lower end chips dont work on older am4 boards. so how do you even know that there maybe even less support for these older boards when the next chips are out ?

its pretty obvious the support will be less as you have new chipsets out so that is where all the focus will go. also other chipsets to come. you better off just buying the board you actually need for the cpu you need then upgrade again when needed.
Is becoming less coherent part of your new shilling strategy, Dg? People can't call you out on your nonsense if they can't understand it? ;)

As for B450 being a dead chipset... MSI released new B450 boards like a week ago specifically to improve their Zen 2 support.

Caporegime
you mean the ones i been telling people to buy instead of the dead 450 ones for past week ? yeah i know. will they been supported on the next chips ? limited most likely. the reality of it is new mobos will have more support. also more expensive ones. by cutting off support to old ones you have to move to a new one. equals more cash for mobo companies. thats why they do it. simple. 450 max boards. dont buy the older version.

Associate
With site wide price changes my new build I ordered 5 days ago would cost me £30 more now.
Just the way it is sometimes unfortunately.
I appreciate its not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things. I just want expecting a price drop on the kit so soon. Especially with the cpu being on the market for less than three weeks.

These are cracking deals having said that!

Back
Top Bottom