Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Associate
Last year Epic gave away GTA V, Borderlands 2 Handsome Jack Collection, Ark Survival Evolved and Civilisation 6. They are doing it again this year with next week's game listed as a mystery. They are going to be large budget highly rated games, probably 4 of them to promote their summer sale, which is what happened last year. Anyone have any guesses to what they might be?

I'm going to say:

Week 1: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
Week 2: DayZ
Week 3: Wolfenstein: The New Order + Wolfenstein: The Old Blood + Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Week 4: South Park: The Stick of Truth + South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Associate
OP
What Epic considers a big game now may not in fact align with what most people consider a big game. In fact I have barely played the few good ones that they have gave away.

I was calling it a big game based upon what they did last year, which was to promote their summer sale, and there is a presumption that they are doing the same again.

Permabanned
Epic are great for giveaways, yeah some of the titles will be older but in the past I have had plenty of top games. Will grab all these, albeit probably never play them. :cry: Alien isolation, GTA V, Subnautica, Metro Last Light, Citites: Skylines, Elite Dangerous, Watch Dogs 2, Ark, Civ VI, Just Cause 4, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Metro Redux to name a few, all (arguably) top games.

No idea what they will give away but more than likely well worth the effort to click and grab. :cool:

Associate
I'd forgotten to grab any freebies for I think a month.
First two of these I either have or don't care about, but I'll definitely go for the Wolfenstein sequels and Fractured But Whole

Associate
If ever there was an example of people not reading an OP then this is a good one! :lol:
Who has time to read these days? Give me my free games! :p

In all seriousness what evidence is there it'll be 'big' games? I'm sure we've had quite a few 'mystery game' weeks before that weren't always good. Sure the summer sale theory is reasonable but there's nothing saying they have to do the same as they've done in the past. Hopefully someone will leak a list if there is one.

Soldato
Who has time to read these days? Give me my free games! :p

In all seriousness what evidence is there it'll be 'big' games?

OP is going off historically during the Winter and Summer sale which are the 2 big sales we get each year including the £10 voucher. Each year we've been given some big name games during those events.

Associate
OP is going off historically during the Winter and Summer sale which are the 2 big sales we get each year including the £10 voucher. Each year we've been given some big name games during those events.
Has it happened for more than one year? :eek: I must have lost track of how long I've been collecting these games. I thought there had only been one run of big games and the odd one here and there.

Associate
Was thinking Witcher 3, it's been rumoured before, AFAIK it's now cheaper than ever, and CDPR has cyberpunk out. It is currently on sale on GOG though, so.

Back
Top Bottom