Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Associate
Picture for tomorrow with the oil lantern (I assume that's what it is, not sure what the exploding bits beside it mean though) made me think of Metro, but since there's an X in the middle I can't imagine it being Metro Exodus so I suspect it's something else.

Man of Honour
What picture?

On the next day image, with the little xmas icons, there is a clue to what the next days game is, that was how I guessed yesterday that todays was Remnant from the Ashes (the extra icon on the image yesterday was two entwined thorns, which are part of the title screen on Remnant from the Ashes)

Associate
OP
On the next day image, with the little xmas icons, there is a clue to what the next days game is, that was how I guessed yesterday that todays was Remnant from the Ashes (the extra icon on the image yesterday was two entwined thorns, which are part of the title screen on Remnant from the Ashes)

Looks like a gas mask or a lantern with angel wings, could be the first two Metro games again or the first two Amnesia games again.

Here is a list a found on reddit, would be kind of a disappointment. Also Firewatch is owned by Valve.

1. Shenmue 3

2. Neon abyss

3. Remenant from the ashes

4. Undertale

5. Into the breach

6. A way out

7. Katana zero

8. Firewatch

9. What remains of Edith Finch

10. Before your eyes

11. Maid of sker

12. Spelunky 2

13. Islanders

14. Quantum break

15. Days gone

Man of Honour
Looks like a gas mask or a lantern with angel wings, could be the first two Metro games again or the first two Amnesia games again.

I dont think its going to be metro, I dont really associate a lantern with Metro. Could be Amnesia but again I tend to think of matches when I think of Amnesia rather than lanterns. The colours are always a clue too, so its going to be something with a lantern and some yellow/orange in the artwork. Cant think of anything which leaps out at me. Metro Last Light does have yellow in the artwork but as I say I dont really think of a lantern with Metro.

EDIT : Could be Outward, that game has quite a bit of lantern in it and is yellow/orange titles.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I dont think its going to be metro, I dont really associate a lantern with Metro. Could be Amnesia but again I tend to think of matches when I think of Amnesia rather than lanterns. The colours are always a clue too, so its going to be something with a lantern and some yellow/orange in the artwork. Cant think of anything which leaps out at me. Metro Last Light does have yellow in the artwork but as I say I dont really think of a lantern with Metro.

It could be a gas mask, and the angel wings could signify it being a life saver. In Metro your gas man is literally your life saver, and in Amnesia the same is true if it was a lantern on hard mode.

Man of Honour
It could be a gas mask, and the angel wings could signify it being a life saver. In Metro your gas man is literally your life saver, and in Amnesia the same is true if it was a lantern on hard mode.

I think its definitely a lantern and I dont think the images are quite as cryptic as angel wings being a life saver, at least not so far, the icons used have always been pretty straight forward rather than cryptic.

The more I look at it , the more I am going to go with it being Outward

Soldato

Here is a list a found on reddit, would be kind of a disappointment. Also Firewatch is owned by Valve.

1. Shenmue 3

2. Neon abyss

3. Remenant from the ashes

4. Undertale

5. Into the breach

6. A way out

7. Katana zero

8. Firewatch

9. What remains of Edith Finch

10. Before your eyes

11. Maid of sker

12. Spelunky 2

13. Islanders

14. Quantum break

15. Days gone

The only guy (billbil-kun - you can google them) that has leaked lists previously has said they aren't doing the full list this year. If someone leaks the correct list they will confirm/deny it.

The only thing they have given away is the following:

I have marked the important dates in which we will be entitled to games that I find interesting (never offered and critically acclaimed) in bold.

List of games offered:

• From December 16, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 17, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.: Shenmue III
  • From December 17, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 18, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.: Neon Abyss
  • From December 18, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 19, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.: Remnant From the Ashes
  • From December 19, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 20, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.:
  • From December 20, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 21, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.:
  • From December 21, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 22, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.:
  • From December 22, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 23, 2021 at 4:59 p.m. (Switché with the game of December 29):
  • From December 23, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 24, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.:
  • From December 24, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 25, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.:
  • From December 25, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 26, 2021 at 4:59 p.m. (The best of the selection in my opinion):
  • From December 26, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 27, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.:
  • From December 27, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 28, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.:
  • From December 28, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 29, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.:
  • From December 29, 2021 at 5 p.m. to December 30, 2021 at 4:59 p.m. (Thursday December 22 initially):
I think it might well be Torchlight tomorrow

It isn't Torchlight as it's been given away previously and according to the usual leaker we get a game that hasn't previously been given away.

Caporegime
Here we go again, more supposedly "big" games to promote their sale. Hopefully this time we don't get one of the worst games of the year that no one cares about or a free mobile game.
I don't even know 90% of the games on these lists.

I have epic games launcher thing installed and honestly never claimed a single free game on there....

kleptomaniacs love it apparenty

Man of Honour
I don't even know 90% of the games on these lists.

I have epic games launcher thing installed and honestly never claimed a single free game on there....

kleptomaniacs love it apparenty

To be fair, they've given away some corkers.

Overcooked 2
Control
Frostpunk
Alien Isolation
The Long Dark
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Darkest Dungeon
My Time at Portia
Pillars of Eternity
Civilization 6
Mudrunner
GTA 5
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Shadow Tactics
Soma
Alan Wake
Subnautica

Those are all very good games, especially for free. A few thousand hours of very good gaming there.

Soldato
I think its definitely a lantern and I dont think the images are quite as cryptic as angel wings being a life saver, at least not so far, the icons used have always been pretty straight forward rather than cryptic.

The more I look at it , the more I am going to go with it being Outward

Couldn't tell what it was but it does look like a lantern - like the one on Call of Cthulhu ?

Man of Honour
Couldn't tell what it was but it does look like a lantern - like the one on Call of Cthulhu ?

Thats very true actually , it even appears to have the X on the lantern that is also on the lantern in Call of Cthulhu. Doesnt look like Cthulhu is on Epic though, so it would have to be a new to Epic game too, but its possible. Wouldnt be the first time they have added a game to Epic as a giveaway.

Associate
ok, what am i getting with this £10 off code:

RDR2
Kena
farcry 6

I do have RDR2 on the xbox and played a little of it, but not much. I've got a few more games on my list, but they can be bought cheaper from cdkeys

Associate
Days Gone would be a welcome giveaway. Sort of game I want to play but not enough to spend money on.

One of my fav games this year, spent £30 on it, well worth it. Not perfect but has real atmosphere and hordes are the best thing ever in a game. Shame number 2 is not happening (so far...)

Ps. Ooh and top tip to anyone that picks it up, stick with it for the first 4 to 6 ish hours, quite slow but really opens up after that.

Back
Top Bottom