Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Soldato
I feel these free games are just a bit dirty. Someone developed these games and it rather pay for them if they are on sale. Just a bit desperate and the reason why I don't install the lancher

Soldato
I feel these free games are just a bit dirty. Someone developed these games and it rather pay for them if they are on sale. Just a bit desperate and the reason why I don't install the lancher
Epic don't steal the games from the devs and give them to us. Devs have to agree and they also get paid by Epic.

Of all the excuses I've heard to not use the Epic Launcher this has to be the best :p

Soldato
Epic don't steal the games from the devs and give them to us. Devs have to agree and they also get paid by Epic.

Of all the excuses I've heard to not use the Epic Launcher this has to be the best :p
It still strikes me as a bit desperate. Ive spend years building up my Steam library and i know that ive paid money for them all and that in itself holds a different "feeling" about my collection. Its just all a bit.....fake?

Soldato
Epic agree a fee upfront for the games :)

I find any damn launcher a more useable experience than Steam's nowadays. The latter is just too cluttered and slow. Apart from having amnesia and forgetting my account details every 5minutes I spend more time in Epic or Ubisoft Connect than I do Steam, and the latter I've had since launch.

Borderlands 3 for free is an awesome deal.

Caporegime
It still strikes me as a bit desperate. Ive spend years building up my Steam library and i know that ive paid money for them all and that in itself holds a different "feeling" about my collection. Its just all a bit.....fake?

I have been known on a couple of occasions, if a game has been given away by Epic and I've really enjoyed it, to buy it on Steam. Hob is one that comes to mind. It's only a handful though. And that's not because I wanted to reward the dev extra but because I wanted to play it for Steam achievements. :p

Soldato
I have been known on a couple of occasions, if a game has been given away by Epic and I've really enjoyed it, to buy it on Steam. Hob is one that comes to mind. It's only a handful though. And that's not because I wanted to reward the dev extra but because I wanted to play it for Steam achievements. :p
Yea I totally get that. It just feels a bit arse about face to me

Associate
I have so many launcher icons on my screen: Epic, Steam, Gog, EA, Origin, Amazon Games (used to be Twitch games), Battle.net, Ubisoft, Rockstar and Oculus.

I certainly don't have any allegiance to one over the rest.

And darn it, I bought Borderlands 3 at Christmas. Good job it was cheap.

Soldato
Steam have given away free games. I'm not sure I understand the obsession to have everything in one launcher as it just stinks of anti-competition. Steam have done jack all for years now (even the basic accessibility is not there). I can't remember one update of the Steam client I've seen anything massively notable. At one point it was great to see the weekend deals or sales but now there's next to nothing in there that I see as a massively good deal, they're reliant on the 'I want it all on Steam' people. I'm certainly not going to avoid a store because they've given us some amazing 'free' games over the last year or so. Everyone's cost of living is going through the roof so it's fantastic to see some great games being given away and it will, hopefully, get some people playing the series who have never played it before and make a more vibrant online experience.

M.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong I'd much prefer to have all my games on one Launcher and to be fair the majority of my games are on Steam but other platforms like Epic Launcher aren't as bad a people make out. If you want to give me free stuff I'm definately not going to complain about it. If it wasn't for other launchers Steam would probably not be offering refunds still.

Soldato
Yea, but is it worth it?

I don't buy stuff till it's below £20 usually, but I may be waiting a long time for this...
The bad performance and stuttering are putting me off. There are technical problems on PC that are not there on consoles which is unacceptable, particularly for the high price. It's a shame because I really liked FF7 as a kid and thought it was the best game ever (although I suspect that's rose-tinted glasses and due to the fact I'd never played a JRPG before).

Soldato
Gog Galaxy pulled all the different services under a single program nicely when I installed it last year and actually reminded me of a bunch of games i'd forgotten about once i'd linked everything up.

Back
Top Bottom