Er.. How do you pronounce this surname.

Associate
Krzyzanowski...pronounced.........

Krshanofvski

Easy really! :D

But to confuse it...my wife is Krzyzanowska...and if you refer to the two of us together as Mr & Mrs, it's Krzyzanowsky...

Associate
greenlizard0 said:
I'm sure I said that above. :mad:
/back to revision

Nah, you had an extra "i" at the start...makes a huge difference. Try saying "crush" but without the "u"...it kinda sounds like that. The extra "i" makes it "crish" instead of "crsh"....

You should see what some people come out with though!

I even had B&Q put us down as "Chris and Oscar" once when my wife and I went in to order something! :p

Associate
greenlizard0 said:
OT but I had an interview once with a guy whose surname was Ng. How on earth do you say that? :(

Once had a doctor that had that same surname, was pronounced Ning.

Also had a CD teacher once called Mr Wazak, though of course it wasn't pronounced like that... more Vashak

Czyszczon?

Sigh-See-Zon?

Keyser Soze :D - dunno

Associate
DailyGeek said:
Cladingboel

I have to make a phonecall tomorrow and I hate guessing the pronounciation of people's names :\

Sorry for a slighty lame thread, but any help would be appreciated! :)

Clading - booooowwwww- ellllllllllll.

Said in a very high-pitched nasal tone ala pre-pubescent Kenneth Williams - should get you the job. :cool:

Man of Honour
Pumpkinstew said:
Is too.

In the same way Magdalen is pronounced Maudlin.

Try saying them with a big posh overbite and you'll see where the abbreviations come from. ;)
Featherstone is a place about 7 miles from where I'm sitting.

Its a ****hole and is pronounced feather stun.

Just because southerners wanna be like mrs bucket doesn't mean they're right with their pronunciations ;)

Back
Top Bottom