Ergotron Neo Flex Lcd Arm Xt Silver : Dell 2405FPW

Soldato
I plan to order one of these in the next few days to go with my 22" Hyundai... similar to what Baddass was asking, how far will it come out? The one I am ordering comes with the extension part, so how far will it come out with this attached and with this removed?

Soldato
Cheers for your email Baddass :) I was all excited about this arm, but having second thoughts now :(

23102007335ky6.jpg

I was hoping that I could attach the arm on the right hand edge behind the speaker and have it come to around 5 inches higher than it is now... is that possible?

/Edit: just realised that there isn't enough wood on the right hand edge, so it would have to clamp onto the back edge behind the right speaker...

Last edited:
I decided that I may as well buy it and try it out... if it really doesn't work too well, I can always return it.

So after £51.03 deducted from my account, it should be arriving early next week (in time for the replacement Hyundai 22") :D

are you sure the mount will fit on your monitor? i just sent back the exact monitor you have (because it broke) but i had a desk mount and it woudln't fit as the stupid design of the back which has the part where the stand joins the monitor sticking out too much meaning that only a 75mm would fit, not a 75/100mm.

see the below thread:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17781846

Soldato
are you sure the mount will fit on your monitor? i just sent back the exact monitor you have (because it broke) but i had a desk mount and it woudln't fit as the stupid design of the back which has the part where the stand joins the monitor sticking out too much meaning that only a 75mm would fit, not a 75/100mm.

see the below thread:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17781846
From the pictures i've seen of it, it looks as though there are two separate plates for 75 or 100 mountings as there are only the one set of holes in all the images i've seen.

I've ordered one, should be here around monday. Looking forward to more desk space :)

I've been told it does fit on it... I will tell you next week :)

ok well good luck with it, let us know how it gets on.

does that desk mount go up if you get closer to the desk rather then just back? if so that seems like such a silly design for such an expensive desk mount, mine only cost £20 plus £5 pnp iirc and it comes out forward and back without having to go up and down, though it can't go up or down once in position which to me seems like a much better design. not actually had a monitor attached to it yet so may find its rubbish anyway.

Soldato

does that desk mount go up if you get closer to the desk rather then just back? if so that seems like such a silly design for such an expensive desk mount, mine only cost £20 plus £5 pnp iirc and it comes out forward and back without having to go up and down, though it can't go up or down once in position which to me seems like a much better design. not actually had a monitor attached to it yet so may find its rubbish anyway.

The product comes with two separate plates (75 and 100), whereas yours had both of these on one big plate. This means that if the monitor has enough space for only the 75mm one, then the plate would not fit... this will not be the case for the Ergotron product and my monitor :)

Soldato

If you use the extension arm that comes with the mount then yes, it can move backwards without moving upwards. Some people might just want the single arm and so will remove the extension bracket, meaning that it will move upwards when you move it back.

Soldato
Blimey this thread is a blast from the past :)

So what stand is this then?

HEADRAT
That's the Ergotron LX Dual Display Lift Stand (http://ergotron.com/Products/DeskMo...mid/396/PRDID/127/language/en-GB/default.aspx). I was looking at getting that but it works out cheaper to get 2x Neo Flex stands.

It's not compatible with your dual 2407's, just in case you were wondering ;) Max screen size is 23".

fuzzy, i had a quick look on their site and it looks like the only ones that will support a 30" monitor are wall mounted ones. Such as this one. It's mainly the weight of a 30" screen that makes it incompatible :(

how strong is no more nails at sticking wood to a wall? i have often thought about using a wall mount but don't want to go drilling loads of holes for the 2 monitors i have so would be good if i could glue some wood to the wall and then drill into that

C64

C64

Soldato
Am I the only person that thinks the neo flex desk arm is way way overpriced ?
Any cheaper alternatives out there ?

Back
Top Bottom