Ergotron Neo Flex Lcd Arm Xt Silver : Dell 2405FPW

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Baddass, thought of trying Loctite (or some other thread lock)?

I'm semi-tempted to offer you some moneys for your LCD arm (I'm in Bath/Bristol depending on when), but am looking a little broke at the moment...if you can't get a return we may be able to work out a sale ;)

Man of Honour
Raymond Lin said:
Baddass, is your problem to do with your desk or the arm? I am tempted to get one of these too..

well both really. The desk is not very deep, and so to get the screen at a height which i like, the arm needs to be pointed at about 45 degrees. this means it comes way too far out towards the front of the desk, and so isnt really feasible. A deeper desk would be fine i would think. however, the screen itself is so heavy that the tilting funciton is pretty unusable really, you can tighten it a LOT to get it to hold, but with the 2405FPW it's pretty much on the brink and if you try and move it at all, it really does loosen up and droop down. Very hard to get it adjusted enough to hold a position

Associate
There are a number of these for sale on a certain auction site, apparently well below the regular price (£45 + £7.50 p&p) from a UK seller. Don't know how that works but i am very tempted to get one anyway :p

pfk

pfk

Associate
WolfR1der said:
There are a number of these for sale on a certain auction site, apparently well below the regular price (£45 + £7.50 p&p) from a UK seller. Don't know how that works but i am very tempted to get one anyway :p

I saw that too but after reading some of the comments here regarding panel weight and desk size i'm not so sure now.

Associate
Well I pulled the measuring tape out today, and it looks like it would be about the right range, and my Acer is only 4kg, when these are rated to 8.2kg.

What's the movement like on these though? It claims you just press a button and swing it around, but is that right? I have a massive comfy armchair just to the left of the monitor which is nice for watching movies from (actually, i re-arranged my whole room just so i could do that :p) and i'd like to be able to swing it round to face it, rather than shifting the whole thing on it's stand like i do now. That would be with both arms btw.

Associate
WolfR1der said:
They're that cheap because they don't include the grommet mount or the middle extension arm.. i'm a bit miffed because i wanted both of those.. Ergotron don't list that as a possible configuration. You get what you pay for i guess, i'll dig out some long screws and live with it.

Associate
reviving this thread, but was thinking of getting one for my new sammy SM226BW. :D

Can anyone tell me how far the monitor/arm will extend outwards without the use of the extension arm? I need it to cover just over approx 10" from the back of the desk on just the one arm.

mon2.jpg

EDIT: I think i've found all the info I need here : http://www.ergotron.com/Portals/0/literature/dimensionIllustrations/DIM-057.pdf

Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
the arm without the extension can cover quite a long way out, depending on how high you want the screen. I'd say maybe 12" or so at a normal height....

Soldato
I was hoping this was going to be the thread about the other Ergotron stand someone on here had bought. This one:
e3021060call2cacu9.gif

I was trying to find that thread the other day but it takes ages with the damned search function not working! lol

I would rather get this than to get two of these Neo Flex ones for my dual screens.

Back
Top Bottom