Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
I've only seen Tuchel, and I'm not even sure that's confirmed
Reports on Tuchel are quite mixed. The Times said Tuchel left the meeting with us feeling like he wasn't going to be the choice and then decided to take a break from management. It also said he wanted to use Sancho which might have been a point of disagreement.

What's a good job?
Clear out 90% of the squad

Varane, casemiro, martial have gone, greenwood likely to go

Sancho needs to go as do Rashford and Antony but we're stuck with them

VdB? Eriksen? Have they gone too?

Unless we buy well we can already write the season off. Especially if ETH doesn't change his ways ways.

Edit - Maguire, Mount and Onana could go as well ideally but we're stuck with them

Last edited:

Unless we buy well we can already write the season off. Especially if ETH doesn't change his ways ways.

Edit - Maguire, Mount and Onana could go as well ideally but we're stuck with them
So something completely unrealistic?

At this rate will there even be a squad? Replacing with quality is thin in world football especially with so many new faces needed. Season is a write off as better to build for 2-3 years.

Preeeeeecisely :(

While I’d love to see a turnaround, I can imagine certain players just not giving it their all once again, and the cycle will continue.
This is one thing that I don't think many people have considered. One of, if not the biggest complaint from your supporters has been around the attitude and application of a lot of your players. How does a manager that's already struggled to deal with this issue, turn this around after having his position undermined over the past month or so? Getting multimillionaires with huge egos to fall in line is hard enough at the best of times but when they believe the manager doesn't really have the support from above, that can only become a bigger challenge.

That said, it is a bit of a no win situation for Utd in that regards because sacking the manager will only reinforce the belief that some players will have that they're above the manager too. I'd suggest a new manager coming in, at least in the short to medium term would have greater authority than ETH has now though.

I've only seen Tuchel, and I'm not even sure that's confirmed
Tuchel was never a good fit. He's too big an ego to fit into the structure that Ineos are implementing as evidenced by the fact he's fallen out with every club he's been at recently in under 2 years. However, it made sense to talk to him as he is considered "elite" having managed other big clubs. Plus he was available. Nothing to lose by finding out what he's about and assessing fit for now or the future. Same with anyone else they sounded out.

This is one thing that I don't think many people have considered. One of, if not the biggest complaint from your supporters has been around the attitude and application of a lot of your players. How does a manager that's already struggled to deal with this issue, turn this around after having his position undermined over the past month or so? Getting multimillionaires with huge egos to fall in line is hard enough at the best of times but when they believe the manager doesn't really have the support from above, that can only become a bigger challenge.

That said, it is a bit of a no win situation for Utd in that regards because sacking the manager will only reinforce the belief that some players will have that they're above the manager too. I'd suggest a new manager coming in, at least in the short to medium term would have greater authority than ETH has now though.
Bring in new blood with better attitudes?

Change the culture from an entire, top-down club management perspective?

Indeed. Like I said the other day, they’re pretty much damned if they do, damned if they don’t. The only constant is some of the players still lingering (malingering? ;) ) around.

Just have to be patient, and that’s not something we are good with. As we always seem to state that we need to give it time and when the going gets tough, we don’t. :cry:

Last edited:
I think that FA Cup final day was so dramatic (for different reasons) it could act as a fresh start. Equally it may not, and ETH will be gone before October when performances continue to be terrible.

There's surely a chance with 5 or 6 new players, who hopefully remain injury free, things can be turned around. I think the players are playing for him - which made the terrible performances even more bizarre.

I'm happy to give him another shot (like I have a choice), but I just think the performances were so bad, something is seriously wrong somewhere.

I think the young players are right behind him (minus Rashford, maybe), it's just the big name washed players we keep buying that probably look down on him and think they deserve better...but they need to be gotten rid of anyway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom