Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Indeed, difference being INEOS now who I would like to think would look for someone to meet their requirements rather than square peg / round holing it with ETH.

I think they’re just hoping to get a few more things set in motion, so are keeping him on as a stop gap. De Ligt and Mazraoui are a joint ETH and INEOS signing, ETH brought them up and they agreed and they’ve brought in players that they’ve then convinced ETH of, rather than the other way round, such as Ugarte.

I think whoever it eventually is, there should be more of an immediate impact than this slow death under ETH. But it’s needs must until someone they want is available.
You have an awful lot of faith in INEOS, maybe Man Utd will be like their cycling team.....

You have an awful lot of faith in INEOS, maybe Man Utd will be like their cycling team.....
And maybe they won’t be like their cycling team? Have to try and have faith. They’ve made a lot of moves and changes in a short period of time. More than the Glazer’s have ever done. So until they have everything how they envisage it, I want to give them a chance.

Last edited:
I think INEOS have been ok, they've appointed what appear to be good people in the right positions. My initial worry is that they rightly decided to sack ETH, and then bottled it. They should have decided what to do before the FA Cup final, for example - if he wins, back him immediately the following day, if he loses, then sack him.

Since he's been here there's been one run of decent form, in the latter part of his first season, which lasted a couple of months. Aside from that things have been completely dire on the pitch.

Spending has increased significantly during ETH's tenure, yet performances have regressed and continue to do so.

I also don't like how ETH carries himself, he seems awkward and unclear in what he's saying - funny how that's translated onto the pitch.

The argument about sacking managers is not a reasonable one - most of the appointments since Fergie have been managers on the decline such as LvG/Jose. I think Solskjaer actually did well in light of his limited skillset. Even Moyes is a better manager than ETH and look how that went.

I think the hopes of him turning it around are just a fantasy at this point, clung to by fans who clearly haven't been watching properly for the past 2 years.

I think INEOS have been ok, they've appointed what appear to be good people in the right positions. My initial worry is that they rightly decided to sack ETH, and then bottled it. They should have decided what to do before the FA Cup final, for example - if he wins, back him immediately the following day, if he loses, then sack him.

Since he's been here there's been one run of decent form, in the latter part of his first season, which lasted a couple of months. Aside from that things have been completely dire on the pitch.

Spending has increased significantly during ETH's tenure, yet performances have regressed and continue to do so.

I also don't like how ETH carries himself, he seems awkward and unclear in what he's saying - funny how that's translated onto the pitch.

The argument about sacking managers is not a reasonable one - most of the appointments since Fergie have been managers on the decline such as LvG/Jose. I think Solskjaer actually did well in light of his limited skillset. Even Moyes is a better manager than ETH and look how that went.

I think the hopes of him turning it around are just a fantasy at this point, clung to by fans who clearly haven't been watching properly for the past 2 years.
Would you also agree that the quality of the players has decreased over time?

That peak performance was when Caemiro and Eriksen were playing well and Rahsford went on a mad one (I still maintain this was to get a contract).

Last edited:
Would you also agree that the quality of the players has decreased over time?

To some extent yes, but looking at the here and now, many of our signings since ETH has been manager are his ex players, some very expensive. Antony has been written off, a player ETH wanted and knows well, £85m.

There is definitely an issue with the players too, but that is for INEOS to resolve.

To some extent yes, but looking at the here and now, many of our signings since ETH has been manager are his ex players, some very expensive. Antony has been written off, a player ETH wanted and knows well, £85m.

There is definitely an issue with the players too, but that is for INEOS to resolve.

It's crazy to think that another £600m is required if we want to compete!

That number seems to get bigger year on year as well, it seems the more utd spend the more they need to spend to compete!

The number will probably shrink or stabilise if we actually end up with a competent manager. Do huge money signings ever really work out? Not very often.

It's a tricky one, whilst the results haven't been great (and i didn't watch the match last time), it does seems there's been an improvement in general performance overall. I think that buys him some more time, but oinly so much before the results need to follow.

In Europe: 1 win out of 9.

Premier League: 7 wins in the last 19.

I genuinely can't see him improving us any further. Any improvement is simply down to adding some better defenders, tactically he seems pretty hopeless.

Looking at our next 6 games or so, all of them are pretty tough.

The next 3 games are crucial Spurs at Home Porto EL and Villa Away. it will take a big performance to turn this around starting on the weekend. A defeat and he will be under massive pressure the knifes are already out.

Poor yesterday should be beating FC Twente with practically a first team XI no urgency this stems from the manager personally I can't see how he turns this around but the next 3 games will tell us more.

Last season we faced the most shots in the top 5 leagues (or thereabouts), wasn't the managers fault then either.

Back
Top Bottom