Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Problem with that was there was zero reason to bring out a bolt action rifle unless you were role playing or dowie favourite (larping) as a sniper. Even this wipe bolt actions are still pretty weak.

Maps just don't have enough foot traffic on ranged areas to make sniping that much fun.

Make SBIH a bolt action only quest please Nikita :D

Associate
Anyone still playing? I have lost a bit of interest of late but I am trying now to get going again. Just hit level 18 and am mostly running RFB with silencer and M80 ammo. I prefer night runs on Shoreline now, the problem is when I kill PMCs they are too far away for me to be certain they are dead and even when I look for the bodies I cannot find them. And cultist keep killing me.

Soldato
I love the game, but after this wipe, when it happens, i wont be playing until wipes stop, i only ever get to like level 25 each wipe, when game is finally released is when i will start playing it again properly, and not having to worry about getting wiped again.

Soldato
I'm of the view the game needs cyclical wipes - otherwise if you were to have it running a year+ with no wipe, it's just all sweaty chads with top tier gear and quickly becomes tiresome. I've lost count of the wipes i've played now and as soon as you get towards end game with gear all over the place, it becomes fairly dull :(

This game is absolutely the most fun in the first 2/3 weeks of a wipe when everyone is running a myriad of looted gear and being thoughtful of what they run in raids.

The other option is having a few different alts, one on a permanent non wipe game state perhaps for those who want that and another as it currently stands now.

Although the true end game for me would be all maps joined as one in a permant state that folks dip in and out of as they choose, no timers, just 24/7 uptime a la Dayz without the boring zombies.

Soldato
Yeh, if they give us two options, one non wipe and one wipe character, that would be best, but i think end game was always going to be no wipe anymore once game fully released, remember you can reset your character anytime if you want, i know not quite the same as a proper wipe, if i only play once or twice a week, would take me years anyway to unlock to max.

Associate
I think a lot of looter shooters have this type of problem. I think Destiny 2 got around it by bumping up everyone to a minimum level after a while, maybe a never-ending Tarkov wipe could do that whilst still making it a challenge to hit level 2 traders and Flea.

Soldato
I think a lot of looter shooters have this type of problem. I think Destiny 2 got around it by bumping up everyone to a minimum level after a while, maybe a never-ending Tarkov wipe could do that whilst still making it a challenge to hit level 2 traders and Flea.

I don't think the player level is an issue, it's more that as little as 2 months into a wipe, players can have obscene levels of gear and just run top tier loot all the time, this for me personally is where the boredom ensues.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I don't think the player level is an issue, it's more that as little as 2 months into a wipe, players can have obscene levels of gear and just run top tier loot all the time, this for me personally is where the boredom ensues.
I prefer my solution to it: make anything above and beyond class 4 armour increasingly rare. And the same goes for weapons systems and ammunition. The early-wipe gameplay is always the best time to enjoy the game as the majority of people are on a level playing field. Problem Nikita has is balancing what his original (and apparently now ever-changing) vision of the game being a difficult, hardcore survival game, and the wants of the vocal playerbase wants to keep things fresh and interesting. Big time streamers have a huge impact and direct line to the devs and their sway really shows. You get someone like Lvndmark who's living is based off this game. He's a great player no questions asked, but peg him down a few notches so that he's constantly on equal gear levels as adversaries and his content becomes more mediocre because it's not longer about ******** on the majority of players he comes against due to gear advantage.

Though it can still be enjoyable later on the wipe by simply messing around. Running around with the revolver shotgun as a group of three and taking on stupid fights in Customs has had me in fits of laughter and made me have genuine fun with the game.

Soldato
not played in ages. too many changes that ultimately shafted the casual player (imo) shame as it's a great game, generally speaking. will wait for proper content addition before venturing back in and by proper content addition i mean actual content, not just stupid daily quests to find 5 piles of dog turd.
He's a great player no questions asked, but peg him down a few notches so that he's constantly on equal gear levels as adversaries and his content becomes more mediocre because it's not longer about ******** on the majority of players he comes against due to gear advantage.
like most of the this type of streamer they start crying for a wipe as soon as people can start to match them for gear. that coupled with constant cries of 'stream sniped' makes for pretty entertaining stuff :cry:

Associate
So... I think I just had my luckiest moment in Tarkov ever. I found a green labs keycard under the giving tree on customs after having just started out again for the first time this latest wipe. I googled it, it came up as worth 50k. I figured it was one of the crappy cheap ones, so I sold it for that price to therapist. Now people are telling me it is in fact worth 20 000 000. I'm really happy about selling it for 1/400 of that. :)

Oh, and I happen to be recording my raids this wipe. So... here's a shameless plugging of my luckiest loot moment ever in Tarkov, that I managed to do the exact opposite of capitalizing on.

Soldato
Decided to jump back into a raid last night after not playing for a while...

First run in ages - interchange - poking around - hear someone running around like a mad man, ran into a store took a nice angle hiding in a corner - he runs round the corner - one tap - head eyes.... Standard account - lvl 13, M62 bullets.... FML - They supposedly banned 9k accounts last week but some of the big streamers are saying cheating is worse than ever currently......Geforce wasn't on unfortunately - but pathetic that this is still so rampant....

So obviously cheating - I should have bolted as he fired at the wall in the store next to me - like the same corner but one store over - clearly has walls ..... Pathetic

And before anyone says how do I know - with nearly 3000 hours in the game, you just know a cheater when you get killed by one.

Associate
I was doing the golden zippo quest on Customs with a Saiga and some flechette shells when a level 50 chad with double kitted out MDRs ran my way and booooom! I have a level 50 dog tag. Did the quest first time too.

Soldato
I was doing the golden zippo quest on Customs with a Saiga and some flechette shells when a level 50 chad with double kitted out MDRs ran my way and booooom! I have a level 50 dog tag. Did the quest first time too.

nice - Flechette is so OP this wipe. It was always AP-20 shotgun rounds that were unreal but this wipe Flechette is crazy good....

Soldato
The 'death in the air' event yesterday was lots of fun - log into raid poisoned and had to constantly loot drops at least every 8 minutes for stims to keep you alive. Absolutely hectic alongside all bosses on certain maps as well. Combine that with dirt cheap vendors and it was insanity. Got my interest back ready for wipe Thursday.

Soldato
The 'death in the air' event yesterday was lots of fun - log into raid poisoned and had to constantly loot drops at least every 8 minutes for stims to keep you alive. Absolutely hectic alongside all bosses on certain maps as well. Combine that with dirt cheap vendors and it was insanity. Got my interest back ready for wipe Thursday.

max stamina as well so you can run around like a madman.... great fun event

BSG really know how to build hype/stories/events like no other game I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom