ESL UK Studio - We talk to ESL about their new studio, and more!

OcUK Staff
James Dean and Mason Grove from ESL UK visited us at OcUK and we asked them a few questions about the new ESL studio. We also visited to take a look ourselves, and it is extremely impressive!

We have also asked ESL about the future of esports, how to get started in esports, VR and esports, and loads more, so keep your eyes peeled as we have a full interview video that is 19 minutes long, giving you everything you need to know about ESL and esports!

*Edit*

Here is the full 19 minutes video!

Soldato
Umm... that was dreadful. Who are ESL, what do they do, where are they, etc, etc? Maybe I'm an aging fogey but that video left me thoroughly confused. Are they a bar which caters to esports and selling alcohol is their USP or what? Some background would have helped a lot. And the guy on the left looked like he was high.

OcUK Staff
OP
Umm... that was dreadful. Who are ESL, what do they do, where are they, etc, etc? Maybe I'm an aging fogey but that video left me thoroughly confused. Are they a bar which caters to esports and selling alcohol is their USP or what? Some background would have helped a lot. And the guy on the left looked like he was high.

The main video which will explain all is coming, which will also answer all of your questions :)

OcUK Staff

For a quick answer, ESL (used to be known as Electronic Sports League) are an eSports company who are world-wide, dealing with some of the largest eSports teams to date - and titles such as CS:GO.

As 5UB said another video is coming - alternatively if you can't wait, you can read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESL_(company)

Soldato
That's rather better, thank you. Though I must confess I got thoroughly bored and stopped watching at 6:43. At almost 50, I'm just not the target market.

OcUK Staff
OP
That's rather better, thank you. Though I must confess I got thoroughly bored and stopped watching at 6:43. At almost 50, I'm just not the target market.

It must be something that is not of interest to you. However, it is an extremely fast growing market right now, so I am sure there will be a lot of people interested in ESL and esports in general. :)

Associate
It must be something that is not of interest to you. However, it is an extremely fast growing market right now, so I am sure there will be a lot of people interested in ESL and esports in general. :)

I can +1 on that (as a 31 year old man child :D). Having been over to the studio back in April for a HotS tournament, it's good to see stuff like this. It's a really nice setup they have over there.

Associate

Do you have any links for the leagues/tournaments that are running?

I want to see what I can sign up to myself, with my team.

Back
Top Bottom