Essence STX?

Soldato
I'll be buying a new soundcard soon. I accidentally kicked the cable of my headphones and snapped off the port on the back of my old Auzentech card.

I mainly listen to music and the odd stereo TV show, and the odd film on the PC. I do play games, but not very often.

In all the research I've done this card seems to be the best for what I'm after. Am I right? Are there any other cards that I should be looking at? Most of the rest seem to be for games, or for 7.1 setups. I rarely use anything but headphones.

Soldato
OP
It needs a molex plugged in to work, right? That's the only downside on it - assuming that I've picked that up correctly :)

Permabanned
Yeah it says it needs molex plugged in, however its not for actual extra power, but so as it gets cleaner power (not having gone through mobo circuitry) no idea if it would work without, never tried, you not got any spare molex connections??? I got loads, lol
Edit: If you want new headphones I can thoroughly recomend the goldring NS1000s which Im using, sound great, I paid 150 at time but I think they can be had for half that now

Top Bottom