Estate Agents - application fee and an admin fee..

Soldato
If they could get you to pay a fee for the oxygen they have to breathe in to deal with you they would.

See what others agents are doing.

Soldato
OP
too late now, as I've paid 120 pounds already for the application fee thinking that is for all the paperwork. I just been sent a letter saying that they will need another 120 pounds for the administration fee at the time I move. :(

is if I back out now I lost 120 pounds for nothing.

Associate
Admin fee, application fee, credit check fee, deposit processing fee, you got off lightly!

Soldato
Wait for the "check-out fee" that they try to sting you with when your contract's over, that's a classic last drop of the trousers before you leave.

Soldato
I'm rather suspicious of my letting agent: We didn't have to pay ANY fees at all for our current flat. Apart from the deposit and actual rent. Maybe We'll get shafted at the other end.

Edit: I am in Scotland though so deposit isn't in a DPS... I have plenty of photos from move-in day to argue with though :)

Capodecina
Soldato
Hi

Is it normal for an estate agents to charge a fee for apply to rent somewhere and then a further fee for administration?

Thanks

Admin fee is totally normal.

Haven't heard of 'application fee' before. Sounds like you got shafted.

Associate
We got charged to re-do our applications as we were moving to a cheaper place with the SAME letting agent.

If I have been paying the rent on time each month for 2 years at that rate, WHY would I not be able to afford the new rate???

They take every penny they can!

Top Bottom