Estate or SUV?

Associate
OP
Well i certainly think i have a short list of 3, Mercedes E350 CDI estate, Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDI or Xf 3.0 Diesel Estate. There are a few others i like Honda Accord or just safe and go VW Passat or Ford Mondeo? But i don't want to drop go performance wise too much, i know that's a silly thing to say when looking at diesel estates, i still would like to have some get and go when i want to.

Soldato
I've been looking at Hybrid estates lately. Quite interested to try out the Kia Sportwagon, it's dull but 10 miles to work every day and two long distance trips a year doesn't really necessitate a fun car.

Associate
OP
Worth looking at the Insignia as well. Very pleased with mine.

We had one at work on hire for a on site job, wasn't overly impressed but then i tend to lean towards Bmw, Merc's etc. Or it could be that is was a hire car and we all know they are the fasted car on the planet and would have been thrashed by most people.

Associate
Well i certainly think i have a short list of 3, Mercedes E350 CDI estate, Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDI or Xf 3.0 Diesel Estate. There are a few others i like Honda Accord or just safe and go VW Passat or Ford Mondeo? But i don't want to drop go performance wise too much, i know that's a silly thing to say when looking at diesel estates, i still would like to have some get and go when i want to.

I’m looking at a 5 series estate. I prefer the interior to the Audi and I hate the clock in the merc. I really like the new E class though, but I could only get a low option 2.0 and would prefer the 3L.

Associate
I think hes talking more along the lines of a Disco, Range Rover etc. :)

To a degree yes, and to answer the other post, a lot of lowly medium size 2wd SUVs will have a higher towing capacity than estate cars which often struggle to top 1800kg.

An Audi A6 all-road is 2500kg and they cost a fortune compared to something like a Skoda Kodiaq capable of towing the equivalent . You could have a Audi Q7 on lease for a similar price to the A6 and tow even more, generally above 3000kg

Associate
SUV for me for the family hack , recently got one to replace the hatchback. Impressed with it already as the boot swallowed a 600mm vanity unit plus basin with ease in our CostCo trip yesterday.

Soldato
I drive a passatt GT estate - its very well equipped, looks smart and is pretty quick when needed. Loaded with kit, Alcantara seats, radar cruise, digital cockpit, big touch screen nav, blue tooth, voice, leccy windows, mirrors, wipers, lights, boot - that’s just the beginning.

List price is like £35k or something - looks good with the 18” wheels too

Associate
OP
I’m looking at a 5 series estate. I prefer the interior to the Audi and I hate the clock in the merc. I really like the new E class though, but I could only get a low option 2.0 and would prefer the 3L.

I have always liked the 5 series Touring, but i have had a fair few BMW's now and fancy something different. My current car is BMW.

Back
Top Bottom