Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi crashes with 'no survivors' of 157 people aboard

Caporegime
Soldato
It is worrying that people are taking active steps to defeat the software on the plane before it goes wrong, in case it goes wrong.

The more we hear the more worrying it all seems.

It seems this plane should never have been certified, if this is the case, Boeing have killed hundreds of people in a mad rush to make profits.

Man of Honour
It is worrying that people are taking active steps to defeat the software on the plane before it goes wrong, in case it goes wrong.

The more we hear the more worrying it all seems.

It seems this plane should never have been certified, if this is the case, Boeing have killed hundreds of people in a mad rush to make profits.

Sign of the times unfortunately and in that respect I do have concerns about things like self driving cars.

I almost guarantee there was some developer voicing concerns and/or saying the software wasn't ready for the big time yet but was ignored or over-ridden :( and self-certification and other racing to the bottom to enable cost cutting or laziness should never happen with systems like these.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . .
Incredible as it seems, it may be the case that the FAA sub-contracted the certification work on the Boeing 737 Max
to
BOEING!

Soldato
The people who, you know, built the aircraft have said it was a technical error, are you really clutching at that one last straw? What happens when the report says it was the aircraft's fault, you're gonna say they "have an agenda", aren't you?
The report won't be saying that the aircraft was entirely to blame. It is a bit naive to suggest it will given current aviation standards of accountability.
The 'agenda' protest certainly won't be coming from me

Caporegime
You all make out the the airlines dont have an agenda in this.. hilarious.
Are you deliberately trying to make yourself look stupid?

The only person to raise the question of a supposed ”agenda” was you.
The 'agenda' protest certainly won't be coming from me

Hmm....

The only agenda is they didn’t want this to happen in the first place, nor in the future.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll be actively checking upcoming flights to make sure I'm not flying on one of these going forwards, and would prefer not to fly Boeing given if the report is at damning as it seems to be. Flagrant disregard for life with profits winning out.

Capodecina
Soldato
I'll be actively checking upcoming flights to make sure I'm not flying on one of these going forwards, and would prefer not to fly Boeing given if the report is at damning as it seems to be. Flagrant disregard for life with profits winning out.
In fairness to Boeing, I suspect that they will now invest a bit more in R&D of safety systems - as will Airbus.

What I find most incredible is that they may have been in the habit of characterising safety features as "optional, chargeable extras"!
If Boeing sold cars, presumably the brakes would also be optional, chargeable extras?

EDITED:
Boeing plans to cut its monthly 737 production by nearly 20% as it works to manage the grounding of its Max aircraft in the wake of two deadly crashes.
. . .
Boeing’s board will establish a committee to review how the company designs and develops aircraft, Muilenburg added. The group will “recommend improvements to our policies and procedures” for its 737 Max and other aircraft programmes.
Well, isn't that dandy?

Last edited:
Soldato
In fairness to Boeing, I suspect that they will now invest a bit more in R&D of safety systems - as will Airbus.

What I find most incredible is that they may have been in the habit of characterising safety features as "optional, chargeable extras"!
If Boeing sold cars, presumably the brakes would also be optional, chargeable extras?

Perhaps not the brakes, but you would probably still have to hand crank the engine to start it.

Last edited:
Soldato
but you would probably still have to hand crank the engine to start it.

Nah

:cool:

(There is a peculiar fault I come across from time to time where cars simply will not start exhibiting no compression (Like none at all), typically after having been started from cold and only run for a minute or less. They can be restarted with a lot of cranking and delicate foot work, but the result is very like in the clip)

Soldato
Are you deliberately trying to make yourself look stupid?

The only person to raise the question of a supposed ”agenda” was you.

Hmm....

The only agenda is they didn’t want this to happen in the first place, nor in the future.
Read what I said again. Seriously.
And stop implying something that I NEVER actually put into words.

Caporegime
Read what I said again. Seriously.
And stop implying something that I NEVER actually put into words.

Que? You literally wrote those EXACT words. Word for word, it's there in black and white, written by none other than yourself.

I'd stop posting in this thread if I were you, you're really not doing yourself any favours here.

Soldato
So hasn't it turned out the crew followed the procedures they should have?

So the plane (and therefore Boeing) is actually entirely to blame.

Shocking really. Imagine this was a car manufacturer where hundreds had died from a fault in their vehicle. The response would be completely different and less forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom