euro & american trucks

Soldato
I believe the European restrictions on vehicle length are about to be changed so we may see more US style cabs. The legislation was first brought in to stop massive trucks coming into cities as they were deemed to be dangerous. Instead the cabs got shorter and the vehicles stayed the same length so there was no benefit to be had there, rather the shorter cabs reduced visibility and have actually made things more dangerous.

This is just what I've read about the rational anyway.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;24466451 said:
... rather the shorter cabs reduced visibility and have actually made things more dangerous.

I thought the shorter cabs would have greater visibility?

Soldato
I thought the shorter cabs would have greater visibility?

Anyone not seen the clip of a "euro" lorry that scooped up a small car that tried that undertake it? Then carried on at 60mph with it on the front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lze88sU9IGg

An american lorry would probably have seen bits of the car poking out but it was too close and too low to be seen on the euro.

But yeah, depends what you are trying to see.

Soldato
He didn't notice anything at all, someone eventually signalled to him to pull over.

Car didn't take much damage at all, some scuffed tyres but was good to go if the driver wasn't scared witless when scraped off the lorry.

Guess the wet conditions oddly helped prevented more damage from happening.

Associate
Must off, i would have expected that sideways friction to of done a ton of damage to the car... but then i'm no mechanic so what do i know :D

Soldato
It's because Americans are so fat they need to carry more Yorkies in their cabs, the whole front end is just for storing confectionery. They stopped Euro truckers having those cabs as they were using the confectionery storage area to hide dead prostitutes.

Permabanned
The heavy haulage tractors in the UK look just like the American ones, but they are fairly short (not counting the 40 wheel trailer they are pulling)

Commissario
It's because Americans are so fat they need to carry more Yorkies in their cabs, the whole front end is just for storing confectionery. They stopped Euro truckers having those cabs as they were using the confectionery storage area to hide dead prostitutes.
You forgot the end that with "/Clarkson" :D

Wise Guy
Soldato
Maybe it's the same reason why they commute to their office jobs in 4.6L v8 pickup trucks with 8000lb towing capacities.

Soldato
As somebody who sees the US trucks on a daily basis, I can assure you the only reason for the extra size is so that more bling, lights and graphics of swooping bald eagles can be fitted. Oh, and to accommodate the extra girth of US truckers of course :)

Back
Top Bottom