Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Soldato
So looking on CDKEYS, I can see 4 main base games:

Euro Truck Simulator 2
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold
Euro Truck Simulator 2 GOTY
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Legendary Edition

The price range is £5.99 up to £9.79 so obviously the cost isn't an issue.

Is there any oddball reason not to go for the Legendary Edition?

I'd get the legendary for: Going Eeast, Scandinavia, High Power Cargo, assuming that comes in cheaper than direct from steam. Map DLC is typicaly about £4 each on steam. (its worth comparing, as prices change and bundle offers change)

Also High power cargo, Special transport and Heavy cargo packs are £1.20 each at the moment on steam, so i think i might be also tempted to grab Special transport and Heavy cargo for an additional £2.40.

It's all about working out wich package gives you the most..the Map DLCs and the cargo DLCs are worth having, paint job packs are pretty worthless IMO, so i'd not care what combo of them came with a bundle.

Soldato
It's all about working out wich package gives you the most..the Map DLCs and the cargo DLCs are worth having, paint job packs are pretty worthless IMO, so i'd not care what combo of them came with a bundle.

Just to add, I bought the new Iberia DLC & paint job bundle yesterday as it was only an extra 20p or something for the additional paint pack... but I woudn't go out of may way or pay much for paint packs.

Also if you get into the game and want to use things like promods, you'll typically need all the official Map DLCs for compatability, so they are the things to concentrate on getting.

Last edited:
Caporegime
This feels weird - so far have travelled around the north of Spain and into Portugal and apart from the two Tagus river bridges in Lisbon, there has been nothing special to see. I can't believe Spain is this boring. The devs seem to have concentrated on putting in motorways which by their nature are fast bypasses with not much to see. It feels like another Germany. I haven't come across any viewpoints either yet but I suppose there is the central and southern areas to go.

Soldato
@Dup When you do get mods, get them from the Steam Workshop or the SCS/Promods Forum. A lot of the third party sites (you know when you find them) are reuploads by the site admins on sharemods to their own accounts to earn money. mods82 and mods_ats being the main culprit users. That and paid mods are very often leaked. I personally am subscribed to 3 different Patreon's for ATS and ETS2 for mods that way. Pay a bit each month for quality work.

@ic1male I get you, just seems a majority of the game is "hmm what to put down, aha! a motorway" I think there's way too many of these, and not enough single lane, or side streets to go down. Even hidden roads would be a nice addition and is very easy to do on the map editor.

Soldato
Just a heads up - Promods and truckers MP now support the latest ETS2 update!

The Iberia DLC works too, but the the SCS iberia ovewrights the promods bit of spain.

Soldato
This feels weird - so far have travelled around the north of Spain and into Portugal and apart from the two Tagus river bridges in Lisbon, there has been nothing special to see. I can't believe Spain is this boring. The devs seem to have concentrated on putting in motorways which by their nature are fast bypasses with not much to see. It feels like another Germany. I haven't come across any viewpoints either yet but I suppose there is the central and southern areas to go.

There are more interesting bits between almeria/Murcia, in the south. Not been to Portugal yet.

Soldato
Don
I'm back playing this after a year out (it was my Furlough game) - What is new? Anything that is a must modwise? I was playing TruckersMP mostly last time but the lack of AI makes me fall asleep at the wheel!

Soldato
Yeh it would be good if you could have npc traffic, maybe just cars and vans etc. Rather than trucks in MP.
Equally I find non MP a bit bland as I like hearing the chatter on CB radios and some of the shenanigans that happen.

Soldato
Worthwhile mods IMO:

Promods
Rusmap
ROEX (Romania Extended)

SiSL's Flat UI

The two Scania's I linked above
DAF XF 105 by Vadik
Magirus Deutz by Ventyres

And if you don't mind paying per truck, look up RTA Mods. I have their Mack Superline and very impressed.

Don
Worthwhile mods IMO:

Promods
Rusmap
ROEX (Romania Extended)

SiSL's Flat UI

The two Scania's I linked above
DAF XF 105 by Vadik
Magirus Deutz by Ventyres

And if you don't mind paying per truck, look up RTA Mods. I have their Mack Superline and very impressed.

Thanks, sorted promods only to find I don't have all the DLC that it requires so need them first!

Associate
Built in MP is coming soon, isn't it? Squirrel did a demo of it in ATS. Includes AI traffic.

Yup, is in the 1.41 open beta update - locked to 8 per session atm (would test with a stock, new profile)

Thought I'd like the new DAF but the cockpit feels weird for me, so gone back to my trusty Renault T

Associate
How are you finding the mirrors in the DAF? That's gonna take me a while to get used to.

I like the camera one's, but find the passenger one to be quite far, like there's a massive gap in the centre of the cockpit. Seems to affect my road positioning strangely. Main reason I've gone back to the Renault T.
The normal one's have a large gap between the mirror and the cabin, meaning you have to turn more just to glance at the mirror - don't like sadly.

Soldato
Convoy is enabled in the open beta of 1.41 via Steam. After checking my bank balance and finding I was down to my last €588 million, I splashed out on a shiny new DAF and spent the evening tooling around Iberia with a couple of mates. It\s good fun!

Bit buggy in places, had a net code collision with one of them (although to be fair he's in Sweden and was steaming it) resulting in the truck face planting the tarmac, inflicting 62k of damage.

For a game I bought back in 2012, after seeing this forum topic ... it's come a long was in 9 years.

Back
Top Bottom