Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Commissario
The last time I played this or ATS properly was about eighteen months ago and my wheel and pedals are gathering dust under the desk.

I don't know if I posted in here to say but it was fantastic physio when I'd broken my shoulder. It forced me to hold my arm out in front of me and actually move it. I'm sure it did more to help me towards recovery than any of the official physio classes I did.

I am tempted to drag them out, delete everything and start again from scratch because all the mods and addons I have are going to be so far out of date that it'll be painful getting them all updated. Plus, I'm basically at endgame with so many garages and so much income that I can buy anything I want, over and over again. Although that's good, it takes any kind of challenge out of the game. I was at the stage where I could rock into any town, buy a garage, max it out in size and fill it up with drivers.

Promods doesn't help with this because it adds so many new available garages. If I do it, I won't install Promods.

Associate
can be a slow start but once you get going it's a great way juat to spend some time unwinding,I find it pretty good for relaxing and chilling out,pro mods is a great addition

Commissario
Right, I've just spent about £40 and bought all the DLC that I didn't already have.

tomorrow, I'm going to remove Pro-Mods from ETS2 and just leave the handful of mods I consider essential and start a new profile.

The base ETS2 is £3.74 at the moment and the base ATS is the same price.

Absolute bargains.

Soldato
Speaking of Promods... There's a bit of a palava between mapping teams.

https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2237

Arayas (who made ROEX) isn't going to support Promods anymore nor provide road connections, so now we have two different load orders: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=293794

Have to pick and choose which set of maps you want now because Promods, Rusmap, ROEX have seemingly gone their seperate ways.

However on a plus side you now have a working retro truck from 1.35 working on 1.43 thanks to yours truly :)

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=305955 Updates for this are actively being worked on with a few users doing some models for me whilst I work on other bits for it.

Soldato
Yeah I'm ditching Promods for the time being too, I much prefer ROEX.

@Feek You can keep your current profile, but if you have garages in Promods areas don't forget to sell them. Otherwise your game will most likely crash and the game.log is going to get filled with errors.

Soldato
@Feek Ah yeah that's a lot. Starting a new profile is quite refreshing.

@Spacedeck Not too sure what exactly happened, but Sergey stated he is no longer providing a road connection between Rusmap and Promods. Arayas is not collaborating with Promods any more so you cannot use Rusmap, Promods AND ROEX in the same combo on 1.43 since he won't be making a road connection either.

You can however use ROEX and Rusmap since Arayas has made a connection for that (with Poland Detail Addon as well).

They are trying to come together and sort this out though, so it's a waiting game at this point.

Edit: Sergey has released a Promods and Rusmap connector, after agreements with the Promods Devs. Thank goodness.

Last edited:
Commissario
Well, arse.

Fired it up, managed to get into Mod Manager and remove all the old ProMod mods that were well out of date and update any other mods I had which weren't compatible.

Started the game, was able to get into Garage, Truck, Trailer and Driver managers. Sold all the trailers and trucks that were showing as being at N/A garage and then sold all the garages that were showing as being at N/A cities. That's cleared all the ProMods stuff out and I now have over £20,000,000 but still have 40 fully populated garages.

So that's a result.

Now the problem is that the Logitech control software hasn't worked on the last two versions of macOS and there's no intention of them updating it. I have basic control but no clutch for the gearshift and only around 90° of turn goes from full lock to full lock. That makes the steering so twitchy that it's not really possible to drive.

My G29 and shifter is effectively useless.

I guess I should box it up, put it on the MM and see what the alternatives are. If any.

Soldato
Kickstarting the thread again with a cry for help....

I've recently reinstalled the game for me and my son to play and for some reason I can't add any extra spotlights to any of the light bars, I have downloaded the unlimited money and Xp level from the steam workshop but even after days of playing we're still unable to add lights.

I've enabled any add ons in game content manager, I've unsubscribed from the content then tried but still no luck.

Any ideas ease feel free to put them across

Thanks

Soldato
Kickstarting the thread again with a cry for help....

I've recently reinstalled the game for me and my son to play and for some reason I can't add any extra spotlights to any of the light bars, I have downloaded the unlimited money and Xp level from the steam workshop but even after days of playing we're still unable to add lights.

I've enabled any add ons in game content manager, I've unsubscribed from the content then tried but still no luck.

Any ideas ease feel free to put them across

Thanks
Maybe try disabling some mods, or even reinstalling the game.. But it sounds like a mod conflict to me.

Soldato
If anyone is after a decent graphics mod I'd recommend Project Next Gen. It is payware but it's the best you'll get. He's working on 8K PBR textures for ETS2 at the moment they look unreal.

Small gallery of his work: https://imgur.com/a/vmZjFx1

Also I've bought two Brazilian maps, Mapa RBR and Rotas Brazil. very much enjoying the and they're only £5 each as it's cheap in Brazil.

Here's Rotas Brazil with Project Next Gen Weather 1.05: https://i.imgur.com/0nA5qpE.jpg

Soldato
I've just bought this game I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 goty edition. What do I need now to use this pro mods? And does pro mods make the graphics better? I'm using a few mods now off steam including truck physics, tried a realistic graphics mod that turned sky green so I uninstalled that.

Edit: Ive got all 7 dlcs now. Question is can i use pro mods?

Soldato
I've just bought this game I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 goty edition. What do I need now to use this pro mods? And does pro mods make the graphics better? I'm using a few mods now off steam including truck physics, tried a realistic graphics mod that turned sky green so I uninstalled that.

Edit: Ive got all 7 dlcs now. Question is can i use pro mods?

You get it here, you need to create an account but its free.
The download is in several different files..but there guides on there about what to do.

Back
Top Bottom