Eurofighter just flew past my window

What type of camera takes pictures of such small size and quality of that in the OP?

That doesn't seem like a picture he's taken.

Z530i which apparently has a 640 x 480 camera, and if you use the digital zoom then I'd expect it to crop it, which it looks like he has. The image was taken about 90 minutes before his post so I'd say the picture is probabaly legit.

What's with the conspiracy theories?

The photo was taken with a 5 year old sony mobile phone (it was the only thing that was at hand), it's utter garbage.

Here is said crack (I never said it was big) and it seemed to be the vibration rather than the sound that cracked it.

picture060mvo.jpg

Here is a pic I just googled, it seems there are much better photographers than me...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72226765@N00/3864311555/

I just read on that guys photo, that yesterday was the trial run and at 3pm today is the real thing. I will be using a digital camera this time and will take some sound/video to give you guys an idea of the noise.

Is there a website for small videos I can upload to, I'm guessing youtube although I've never uploaded anything?

edit: looks like someone beat me to it

Last edited:
What's with the conspiracy theories?

The photo was taken with a 5 year old sony mobile phone (it was the only thing that was at hand), it's utter garbage.

Here is said crack (I never said it was big) and it seemed to be the vibration rather than the sound that cracked it.

Here is a pic I just googled, it seems there are much better photographers than me...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72226765@N00/3864311555/

I just read on that guys photo, that yesterday was the trial run and at 3pm today is the real thing. I will be using a digital camera this time and will take some sound/video to give you guys an idea of the noise.

Is there a website for small videos I can upload to, I'm guessing youtube although I've never uploaded anything?

edit: looks like someone beat me to it

It was the sound that cracked it, sound is what causes vibration.

I fail to see why a Eurofighter would be exercising over mainland with afterburners, especially as they're not even needed for supersonic flight on the Typhoon. But meh.

Because reheat is just further up the throttles than dry power, funnilly enough pilots tend to use the power available when it's required. Performing high 'g' manoeuvres bleed a lot of energy and so extra power is required to offset this and maintain speed.

Military aircraft don't have reheat purely to enable them to travel at supersonic speeds, it's simply to increase available thrust.

Back
Top Bottom