Eurogamer Expo Leeds/London

Soldato
If i recall last year a few people on here went to this event in london, this year its in Leeds on the 27th/28th and London on the 30/31st of October. Tickets are £6 each which seems pretty reasonable and its open from 11am till 8PM. Anyway anyone here going? Not decided which day yet possibly friday as im hoping it wont be as busy, anyway games so far confirmed.
Army of Two: The 40th Day (EA)
AvP (SEGA)
Assassin's Creed 2 (Ubisoft)
Bayonetta (SEGA)
Beatles Rock Band (EA)
Borderlands (2K Games)
Brütal Legend (EA)
Blue Toad Murder Files (Relentless)
Dante's Inferno (EA)
Dark Void (Capcom)
Dragon Age Origins (EA)
FIFA 10 (EA)
Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft)
Global Agenda (Hi-Rez Studios)
God of War III (Sony)
Halo 3: ODST (Microsoft)
Heavy Rain (Sony)
Left 4 Dead 2 (EA)
Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
MAG (Sony)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo)
Mass Effect 2 (EA)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Nintendo)
Monster Hunter 3 Tri (Capcom)
Need for Speed: Nitro (EA)
Need for Speed: SHIFT (EA)
New Super Mario Brothers Wii (Nintendo)
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Nintendo)
Rabbids Go Home (Ubisoft)
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (Sony)
Red Steel 2 (Ubisoft)
Saw (Konami) 18
Saboteur (EA)
Split/Second (Disney)
Street Fighter IV Arcade Cabinets (Capcom)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All Stars (Capcom)
Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai)
Uncharted 2 (Sony)
WET (Bethesda)
Wheelspin (Bethesda)

Not the full list as yet, theres several games there that will be out, but Heavy Rain, ME2 and God of War 3 are worth the £6 easily to me. I expect that GT5 will turn up there (hopefully) and maybe a few other surprises.
Link to site info http://expo.eurogamer.net/whats-on.php

Caporegime
So I assume this is sort of like the old E3 setup correct? If so I might see if Miss K wants to pop into London for a visit with me.

Think loads of big TVs and PS3/360/Wii's. Queues for some games and special areas for some (Gears 2 was behind enclosed 18+ area last year, and COD: WAW, Motorstorm 2 was in some decked out broken motorhome outside). A few games were 1 go each only, like SF4 and Gears 2. The rest were primarily demo's (in some cases same demos the same as will be on Xbox live and PSN).

Also there is some job fair thing upstairs where there are people from some Gam Studios and lots of geeks asking them how they can make millions from the game industry (whilst others are just blagging freebies etc :) ).

There was a lot of stuff given away and some music game competition (can't recall if it was GHWT or RB).

I am going on 30th, this year.

Edit: Is the London location the same as last year or a different venue?

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sorry I forgot the all important question: Will there be booth babes?

There was no booths, to speak of. There was Gemma Atkinson playing a music game on stage. A few hot women walking around doing surveys, the rest who are just reps demo people are probably hired from some agency and no-one was dressed scantily or as a female computer game character.

The career fair had some women there, but tbh most like like you would expect women who work/play computer games to look like.

rp2000

Associate
I'm visiting a friend in London that weekend and we are going on the Saturday provided the queues don't put us off and we just end up in a pub.

Edz

Edz

Soldato
Me and a mate are going to London on the 31st (sad gits that we are) :)

Went last year and it was a pretty good day out with plenty to see and play, and it sounds like this year the venue will be bigger with the option to purchase games while there which is a bonus (depending on prices).

Looking forward to getting some hands on with Heavy Rain & GOW3 :D

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I'll be going to the London one on the Friday. Got my press pass ready as I'll be covering it for a site :)

There was no booths, to speak of. There was Gemma Atkinson playing a music game on stage. A few hot women walking around doing surveys, the rest who are just reps demo people are probably hired from some agency and no-one was dressed scantily or as a female computer game character.

The career fair had some women there, but tbh most like like you would expect women who work/play computer games to look like.

rp2000

Well they'd better try a bit harder this year then... No booth babes indeed.

I will 99.999% be going to the London one on the 31st.

Caporegime
So, who went in Leeds and what games were there, and which ones weren't (that were advertised) etc ? Any decent freebies? Last year the best I managed was 2 light up Fable 2/Lionhead YoYos. The rest was just lanyards, pens, hats, t-shirts and standard branded merchandise.

Most probably going to the London one on Friday, so I thought I would bump this thread.

Also I am sure I read you could buy games there this year (unlike last year). I am guessing it is obvious which retailer may have been based there, so don;t mention the name, just wondering if there was any discounts?

rp2000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom