Eurovision Song Contest 2019 - 14/16/18 May

Caporegime
Here we go again!

Just a heads up that there is an opening ceremony happening right now (12th May - 5pm) if you want to see all the artists make their first appearance.

Semi-Final 1 (Tuesday 14th - 8pm)

Semi-Final 2 (Thursday 16th - 8pm)

Grand Final (Saturday 18th - 8pm)

Soldato
I'll be watching again this year and this year I'm in the dark having not heard our entry and decided to not look for it. I'm sure it will be another amazing entry.

Caporegime
OP
A few songs last night I thought were quite good - Belarus might be on to a top 3 with their ditty. Czech Republic was quite good but sounds like it should be from us and Australia might do well with their lady swinging about gimmick.

Soldato
Australia? In the Eurovision Song Contest?

Australia was allowed to enter because they are big fans of Eurovision. Does make me wonder how many more non European countries would be allowed to enter if the people were big enough fans of it..

Maybe they'll end up expanding it if it grows in popularity to; Worldvision? *shrug*

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Eurovision as in EBU - broadcasters union, not European Union. Countries as remote as Israel, Morocco, Azarbeijan are members. Australia is the first associate (not full) member to enter the contest, Canada is tipped to be next.

Caporegime
OP
I think it’ll be a toss up between Sweden and Azerbaijan although I never get these things right. The Netherlands is bookie's favourite.

Last edited:
Soldato
My all time favourite, Poland 2014. For the song you say? Ye.. not so much. :D

2wh3ytu.gif

Soldato
Australia was allowed to enter because they are big fans of Eurovision. Does make me wonder how many more non European countries would be allowed to enter if the people were big enough fans of it..

Maybe they'll end up expanding it if it grows in popularity to; Worldvision? *shrug*

It'd be rather annoying if they won it because it'd be on at 9am our time. That wouldn't feel right.

I fancy Malta to do well and us to come last. Everyone hates us, nothing to do with the music.

Caporegime
OP
It'd be rather annoying if they won it because it'd be on at 9am our time. That wouldn't feel right.

It's not allowed to be hosted in Australia. From what I've read, Germany is the first choice to host it (presumably with Australian hosts and some Australian $ towards the costs) but if they pass, it's the UK, which would be good for us as we're never likely to win the damn thing ever again.

Back
Top Bottom