Ever Done Something at a Footmall Match...

Soldato
Ever Done Something at a Football Match...

.. that you've later regretted? Or done something at a football match which was rather embarrassing? I was reading a similar thread on a fans forum earlier and some of the replies were comical.

I'll start off...

Quite a few years ago one of my mates couldn't make a home match so I gave him a bit of cash for his ticket and went along with his mate. I was in the Trent End @ the City Ground which was making quite a racket.

Paul Hart had recently taken over from David Platt and Platt became a bit of a hated figure after he spent a load of cash on 36 year old past it Italians and nearly bankrupted us. We scored and shortly after the goal the Trent End erupted to the chorus of:

E I E I E I OH,
Up the football league we go,
When we win promotion, this is what we'll sing,
We are Forest, We are Forest Harty is our king.

Now the key point here is 'Harty', I actually shouted at the top of my voice in the excitement PLATTY. The people in earshot were not amused and gave me the most utter looks of disgust. To hide my embarrassment I went to get some hot chocolate for me and my mate.

On the way back I stumbled on the steps spilling this scorching hot chocolate over both my hands and with nothing other than getting back to my seat in my mind I had to grin and bear the pain whilst barging past people to get back to my seat and hand over a drink before squeeling at the pain from my burnt hands.

Over to you...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Eh yeah this weekend Spurs -v- Burnley.

I was slagging off Keane to the guy sittiing next to me asking him why he thought his place was justified.. Big fella he was and he didn't agree with me. Thought he was going to crack my lights. The rest is history and I slipped away unnoticed at the end :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really a footmall fan myself either.. :p

Aston Villa vs Leeds, 2004 - Away fans were chanting when we had a free-kick in a good position once, I looked across at them and thought "what berks.. they're 2-0 down!" and as I looked back, the ball hit the back of the net. YEEEEEEEEEEES!

But there was silence around the ground, it was offside. Cue me feeling rather stupid for going crackers over a goal that wasn't given, and being just about the only person that didn't notice :D

Caporegime
Eh yeah this weekend Spurs -v- Burnley.

I was slagging off Keane to the guy sittiing next to me asking him why he thought his place was justified.. Big fella he was and he didn't agree with me. Thought he was going to crack my lights. The rest is history and I slipped away unnoticed at the end :D

LOL :D

Don
After being nutmegged for three goals I went on a swearing rant at my defence

- in the final of my works charity football competition with all the admin girls and some of the client there. :o

Caporegime
I broke someone's leg in my first game :( and his nose :(

I regretted that.

Ermm... I've been on Soccer AM making a arse of myself once haha!

Slagged off Leon Clarke many times for him to turn round and score a winning goal for us.

Once, playing against Teddy Sherringham, game kicks off, I'm cracking jokes about him needing a walking stick and him being past it, 3 minutes into the game he scored, everyone around me turned to look at me and just laughed :(

First few, that jump to mind.

Soldato
My step dad was in the Guinness book of records 1993 for the fastest ever non-league own goal. It was kick off, the players booted it back to him in goal, he missed the kick and it ended up in the back of his net.

Soldato
not at a football match but we went to liverpool and forgot to take our united flag from our back window, we didnt realise why people were shouting abuse at us untill we parked up in the city centre, funny thing was we were in liverpool because we were going to anfield too, apart from that, nothing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
When at uni I tried to start a chant at a screening of an England football game, but nobody knew it / joined in. Someone else immediately sang 'he's on his own again, he's on his own again' which made everyone else laugh. That was embarassing to say the least.

I've also spilled beer all down big people's backs and their friends have had to calm them down.

Man of Honour
I took a 50cc Fizzy up from Herts to Notts Forest for a midweek League Cup game in mid Jan. It was cold, wet and miserable. When I got there I did a knuckle shake at the home supporters and was promptly ejected. Took hours to get there and back for all of 2 minutes inside the ground. Adding insult to injury, the Spurs team coach over took me some where near Luton on the way back :D

Caporegime
I farted really loudly at a game...last yr at Emirates stadium watching Arsenal play FC Porto...it happened when there was silence around the stadium...i couldnt hold it back so let rip...suffice to say i got some right dirty looks:p:D

Caporegime
I farted really loudly at a game...last yr at Emirates stadium watching Arsenal play FC Porto...it happened when there was silence around the stadium...i couldnt hold it back so let rip...suffice to say i got some right dirty looks:p:D

You should have blamed Adebayor. All you gooners blame him for everything else!

Back
Top Bottom